Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643

I can see me message notification and who it's from but I do not recieve call notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cassiegage  What kind of phone?  Perhaps based on that, someone may have some tips/help for that.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone 6plus software up todate
Best Answer
0 Votes

@cassiegage  Make sure on the phone under notifications, you have the phone set to Allow Notifications, and Show in Notification Center turned on.

Kelly | Oklahoma

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the text notifications although I put my phone on do not disturb from 11pm-6am. Last night someone texted me and woke me up via the Alta... is there any way to make the notifications go into do not disturb? 

Best Answer

Matthew, I am having this same issue about the alerts not displaying.

I am using an iPhone 6S Plus. My Alta will vibrate for all alerts (including: move alerts, text, and calls) but it does not display any sort of message on the screen unless I double tap, and then sometimes I find that I double tap too hard and it makes the message go away before I can even read it. I can see below that you have said that the alerts will not auto-illuminate the screen, but they definitely did the first day or two I had the Alta. I have found that after having my FitBit Alta for a few days the "quick view" (rotating my wrist) has become much less responsive so when I do this after vibration, it rarely displays the alert. I have restarted my fitbit 3 different times per FitBit's instructions (plugging the device in the charger, and pressing the button on the charger 3 times until the logo appears) and have had no luck after any restarts. My move alert just went off 1 minute ago, it vibrated but displayed nothing until I double-tapped the screen. 

IN ADDITION, I am having another issue with syncing. As of yesterday (03/20), when I try to sync on the app (most recent version of iOS) it just says "looking" and the only way I have been able to fix this is by turning bluetooth off and back on and then it will sync. In addition to restarting my FitBit several times I have also restarted my iPhone several times.

Please help!

Thanks!
Taylor

Best Answer

So disappointed...I got the Alta today only to find out notifications are not compatible with Samsung S7 edge. I checked to make sure Fitbit Alta was compatible with Samsung S7 edge. It had not occurred to me that notifications would not be compatible. Is there a fit? If not, I want my money back!!!

Best Answer
I have an LG G4, also not in the list if supported devices. However, I am
now getting text and call notifications since I redid the entire set up
process. Make sure all your phone settings are correct and the permissions
are all checked. Hopefully, you'll get Smart notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Am getting message & call alerts. Really love my Alta once I figured it out!
Best Answer

Yepp, can't get my Alta to show my text messages. Tried everything, no luck.

Best Answer
I get call notifications but not text or calendar notifications. I've done everything suggested.
Best Answer

I'm exhausted!  I think this past week I have read every post, every post by moderators & members who are trying to help others, read and re-read everything I could find about the setup of Alta, problems, notifications,  syncing, etc.  I don't get it.  I wasn't getting text notifications, then I was, then I wasn't.  But never got call notifications ever.  But all out of the blue, suddenly now I get call notifications!  Never changed a thing!   But still no text notifications!  I give up!  

I'm pretty tech savvy and I do my research as much as I can before I ask for help, but I'm pretty sure this is not a problem created by me or something I failed to enable or overlooked, but something is not right with the Alta.  I hope Fitbit Tech folks are getting this feedback and are working out the kinks!

And I hope it's soon, as I think across the board most of us do like the Alta look & design and would like to keep it, but we have a 45 day deadline to see if Fitbit Support/Tech comes out with some answers & help. 

Help us Fitbit!  Don't let us down, we want to love the Alta!  

Best Answer

Trish26  I totally agree with your post!  It's exactly what's going on with my replacement Alta.  First no notifications, then I wore it a couple of days and all of a sudden I was receiving all notifications, then I was just  receiving text notifications (no calendar or call), tonight NOTHING.  It's beyond belief that Fitbit released the Alta in this obvious beta condition.  I too will give Fitbit a week or two more before I return.  i love the look and some of the other features but if it's basic functionality (notifications) is defective, then I will just go back to my trusty Flex until they work out the kinks.  

Best Answer

I received my new alta yesterday and got it all set up and it was working fine.  Then all day today, none of my texts or phone calls notified me and it is not displaying all the time when i tap the screen.  I am getting so frustrated and only upgraded from my flex as i liked the idea of receiving notifications but am not receiving them.  Can anybody help me out please and thank you?

Best Answer

how did you figure it out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone and I needed to change my notification settings.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have an iPhone and all my settings are turned on and still can't get my notifications
Best Answer
0 Votes
I to have an iPhone but still can get my notifications on my tracker

Sent from my mobile device
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Notab  One thing to check on an IPhone is be sure that allow notifications and show in Notification Center  is turned on under the phone's settings.

Kelly | Oklahoma

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have an iPhone and all my settings are turned on and still can't get my notifications
Best Answer
0 Votes