Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
When I first set up it was giving me notifications and then stopped and I didn't touch any settings

Sent from my mobile device
Best Answer

Same thing happened to me!

Restarted EVERYTHING (phone, app, alta, bluetooth) and my notifacations were working as of 7:15 this morning, as of 9:30, nothing! Haven't touched a thing! This is getting ridculious!

Best Answer

I've got a Samsung G6 and have received txt msg and call notifications since set up and every day since (10 days wearing now) Only problem is, Alta vibrates for notifications, flashes once when you turn your wrist and then it's gone.  If I don't catch it, I can't see it again.  If I do catch it, all I get is "message from (name)...  Then I have to go to my phone to read the message, it's not on the Alta display.  Not terribly useful, IMO.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MIne shows the name of the person texting me and the first few words of the text.  i don't get calendar notifications though.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, Fitbit Alta iPhone 6s 9.3 i receive call, text messale and calendar. No problem.
Andrea
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine works sporadically. Is Fitbit paying attention to these posts?
Best Answer

hi there,

can i turn off the vibration but keep the on screen notifications? thank you!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner@matt5 I suggest trying a restart on the Alta and then giving the troubleshooting steps that worked for you here another try. Your Alta should still notify you although your phone is set on silent. If the issue persists, can you please provide me with the make and model of phone that you're using?

@Melanie8182 The tracker tile that I am referring to looks like the screenshot below:

Screenshot_2015-07-31-12-58-33.png
@SShannon I suggest toggling OFF and then ON the Fitbit Notification Service as shown here.

@finsup1017@JSB07043@lth815 You're right! Once you feel the vibration from a notification, use the instructions here to view those notifications. Glad to see that you're now enjoying the Alta after a slight learning curve of how to interact with it.

@Shellory If you're receiving the "1 Message" notification instead of the message, you must set the stock Android "Messages" app as your default and confirm that the "Preview Message" setting is activated. I explained the process here.

As for calendar notifications, which app are you using as the default calendar notification app?

To view the flower, you must set it as your default display as seen here.

@TrainerJ@Neesey@EvelynMM Check out my response here regarding device compatibility. Hoping to add more devices in the future.

@sherwoodjg Can you clarify what you mean by notify you if Bluetooth has been disconnected? Do you mean disconnected from the Alta?

@Texanne8@SunsetRunner@Notab You must interact with your Alta when you receive a notification as it won't light up to display the notification without some interaction, as I posted here.

@jmbrandt@Doman@MelRogers10@swall@lth815@honeeb19@CercaTrova@Dukblu@cassiegage@BreLikesWater@Notab I suggest restarting the Alta with these instructons. Also, confirm that you've set up the notifications as outlined here.

@gudrunh@andrea444 Currently, you can only view a 40 character preview. If you'd like to see more than that, I suggest creating an idea on our Feature Request board and also voting for it. You should also share it here as i'd like to vote for it as well.

@MichaelLucero The only difference is that you must select the default app that you want to use to receive notifications during the set up process. If you select the wrong app, you may not get the notifications on the Alta.

@Givmedew Per personal experiencing, I can confirm that Google Hangouts works as a default app for receiving text notifications.

@mm61 Great suggestion! Robot wink

@cassiegage As the Alta does not have an audio component, there is no way to make it sound off an audible notification, only vibration.

@Cailyn221 At this time, the Alta will not respect your "Do Not Disturb" phone setting but we are working on making that an option in the near future. No exact timeframe to share yet but when I do hear something, I will make sure to update everyone here.

@SunsetRunner If you're still experiencing syncing issues after the restarts, I suggest reaching out to our Support Team who can take a closer look into your device and sync history to provide you with further troubleshooting options.

@seekathyrunwjoy@Trish26 Which text messaging and calendar apps are you using as your default apps on your mobile device?

@cel12310 Nope, there is no option to turn off the vibration. If you don't feel a vibration, then you wouldn't know that you need to interact with the Alta to display your notifications. I don't think that would work out.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit  I have tried everything to get the Alta notifications working correctly.  I've spent hours working on it and in the process have performed every troubleshooting technique you, phone support and this site has provided and here's what's happening.  At first I received no notifications.  Called phone support and after over an hour, they gave up and sent me a replacement.  After I set up the replacement there were no notifications.  I wore the Atla for a few days trying to determine if I could live without notifications and after a day or two, suddenly all notifications just started working without me doing anything.  Then just as quickly all notifications stopped working so I tried to get it working again and nothing.  Waited a few hours and suddenly I started getting text and calendar notifications but no call notifications.  This is not a user problem but is a problem with the Alta.  I plan on giving it a couple more weeks in the hope that Fitbit figures out the issue and fixes it.  

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit   My story is almost identical to SShannon.  I also just today received a replacement Alta.  Went through setup just fine and spent hours trying to get the text & call notifications to work.  I also have read every post and instructions by you that you have offered as help to others.

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo - Android 5.1 .  Could there be something about this mobil device that is not compatiable, although under your list of compatiable devices it is listed.  And I have also switched to Messenger from Messenger+.  Nothing seems to work.  

If you don't have any other suggestions, I will call customer support tomorrow.

** One odd thing ... once today after I received a phone call ... about 30 minutes later after I completed call, text scrolled across I had a phone call from "Name". 

Thanks for any help as always!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trish26 and @erickfitbit I have a Motorola Moto X also running Android 5.1.  Maybe there's similarities here that helps Fitbit troubleshoot the problem!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get notifications is a bit annoying. By the time I look down they are gone. I then tap the Alta and the standard time, steps, etc are there. But, the message is gone! I'm about to turn notifications off since this feature is worthless as currently implemented. How about 3 quick taps to allow you to review past notifications!
Best Answer
I have an iPhone 6s and my Alta does not notify me with Tex messages. It only vibrates with calls. I have double checked my settings and it's all correct. What else do I have to do?
Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta doe not vibrate. What is the problem? Everything is on ; bluetooth, notifications.

I see the messages on the screen but no vibration at all to alert me.

Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone 6s iOS 9.3. Arrivederci alta. Done setup. At first sms or call i sent the vibrazioni in the alta and i can see the notifications in the Alta.
Andrea

Inviato da iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SShannon   Do you have another Fitbit Tracker downloaded on your app?  I haven't had a chance to call customer support, I knew I would have a long wait time, which I don't have time right now. But during a lunch break was just noticing that my app keeps going back and forth syncing  my ONE and the Alta, so thought that might be the issue.  I'm still puzzled.  One text actually came through earlier, but not any others after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just discovered that if I have my phone on silent... no text notifcations!

The second I put my phone onto vibrate, I'm good to go.

Any idea how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit  Sorry Erick, I missed your post above.  You asked me which messaging and calendar app I was using.  I was using Messenger+ .. but switched to Messenger early on as I saw that helped others.  Calendar app is just the default.  Went through all the "Notifcation Setups" per the instructions you have listed before. Have only gotten a few texts & a couple of call  notifcations go through since receiving the Alta on March 12th. 

I'm not giving up.  I'm thinking now it's gotta be something with my mobile (Motorola Droid Turbo), some setting somewhere or could it be having another tracker on the App?  I'm just grasping for anything now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a Flex paired but deleted and unpaired that before troubleshooting
multiple times and that didn't help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Messenger+ only showed "a message" but when I switched to Messenger my Alta
now reads out the entire text.

--
Denise Pettke-Price
Best Answer