Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643

@SShannon wrote:
I had a Flex paired but deleted and unpaired that before troubleshooting
multiple times and that didn't help.

OK...thanks for replying.  Then I won't bother to unpair my ONE.   I was researching and found some info about others who had the same problems with the Charge and it was related to the Android 5.1 Lollipop issues.  But I can't find if that's been resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SShannon@Trish26 If you have any other trackers or Bluetooth devices paired to your phone, I suggest unpairing them and then attempting to set up and receive call/text/notifications. Both of your devices are supported devices, so they should be working with notifications.

@Mdemcsak In order to see your notifications, you must interact with the Alta by either using Quick View or double-tapping the Alta, as I illustrated here. If you prefer to have the Alta illuminate on it's own when you receive a notification, I suggest voting for this existing feature request idea.

@Lovewine_75 I suggest attempting a restart of the Alta and then confirming that you have the settings set up as instructed here. Once that's done, try sending yourself a text, call from a friends phone and keep the display on your phone turned off.

@BreLikesWater Are you on the latest version of the Fitbit App and the latest iOS version? If not, please update and then give that a try. I've tested Alta with my mobile on silent and still receive the notifications, but I am on Android. What make and model phone do you use?

@Neesey Great news! Glad to hear that switching to the stock "Messages" Android app resolved the issue for you. Thanks for giving that a try!

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxey S5, runing Android version 5.0. I have version 2.20.1 of the Fitbit app that was updated earlier this month. There are no updates avaiable for me to do on anything.

I've tried restarting the tracker, the fitbit app, bluetooth and my phone mutliple times. Still no text or calendar notifications on silent. I do get call notifcations on silent.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue here! I haven't seen anything come up for calls (but I do get the vibration).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problems. I have a Samsung Galaxy A5. I get the vibrations, my "move it" notifications are inconsistent, and I only get the MESSAGES scroll - no details. I've yet to see a phone call show up. I would like to see who the text or call is from.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@ErickFitbit. Unpaired my Flex before calling phone support with original
Alta. It didn't help. Still not receiving call notifications as of today.
That's not the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I used your workaround for the messages but I still am not getting anything for calls and all of my notification boxes are checked - suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BreLikesWater Thanks for clarifying. Can you turn off the Fitbit Notification Service and then turn it back ON using the menu instructions here? Once that's done, try sending yourself a text from a friend's phone to see if you start receiving notifications or not.

@SunsetRunner Have you tried interacting with Alta when you get that vibration as outlined here? That should help to view the notifications.

To see the entire message, you must make the stock Android "Messages" app the default text messaging app and then confirm that it is selected as the default app in your Fitbit app's call notifications setting. Here are the full instructions for set up.

@SShannon As it sounds like you've tried all the suggestions I could provide you with here, I recommend continuing the discussion with our Support Team who has the ability to take a closer look at the back-end device data to provide you with some further troubleshooting options. I am confident that they will be able to help you further.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Will fitbit fix their app to "play nice" with messaging+? i was able to get messages to scroll on the fitbit but have to use regular messaging on driod turbo.. would be nice to use messaging+ again!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My calendar notification kept going off all day today for my 9:00am appt. I finally went in and shut off my notifications to get it to stop. Is there something I was supposed to do to get it to stop?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the receive call, text and calendar notifications are too fleeting. Are the Fitbit developers considering lengthening the time they're displayed?
Best Answer

I am unable to get notifications. I am using an Iphone 6 with the most updated Apple software from this week.

I have tried the following:

1) Turned notifications (within the Fitbit app) on and off multiple times.

2) Closed and opened the FitBit app.

3) Confirmed that my Alta is listed as paired with Bluetooth. (There are no other Fitbit devices paired.)

4) Confirmed that Fitbit "Allow Notifications" is turned on in Iphone settings.

5) Confirmed that "Show in Notification Center" is turned on in Iphone settings.

5) Done a re-set on my Iphone.

6) Restarted my Alta.

7) Uninstalled and re-installed the Fitbit app.

Just wondering if Fitbit is working on a solution to be released in an update.  With so many people with the same problem I assume it's software related and hate to request a new device.    That said, if it's faulty hardware I will go that route.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called Fitbit customer service and they had me do all the same things. Still nothing worked. The gentleman I spoke with escalated the issue so that it could be investigated. So yes, they are hopefully working on getting this fixed. 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit  Since I'm getting text and calendar notifications with some regularity, I tried disabling and then reenabling only call notifications as it only worked one time.  I was shocked when I tested it and it worked after doing that however....after the one call it stopped working again.  I tried to disable and reneable again and now it's back to not working.  There's a problem with the firmware or software....hope Fitbit is looking into this.

I haven't had the time to contact Fibit's phone support again on the replacement Alta however I did send an e-mail to Fitbit support last Friday with a followup e-mail on Wed of this week to check status.  I have not received any response back from Fitbit regarding the issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did u get urs to work then? Mine is the same way
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I don't not get it to work
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm returning my replacement Alta and moving on with my life.  After hours and hours of troubleshooting, talking to Fitbit phone support and sending an e-mail to hopefully get someone's attention, I get my first e-mail back from Fitbit support (yes, I checked spam folder) asking me how they did on helping me with my problem via e-mail.   Ummmm, hey Fitbit, you ever responded.  I'm done.  Good luck to anyone else that has the notificaiton problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try downloading go sms. And make ur notifications are switch to go sms as
well. It worked for my note 5
Best Answer
0 Votes
Download "go sms". And make sure ur fitbit settings are switched to "go sms" as well. I have the alta and note 5 as well. That should work for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using a Samsung S3, recieve a notification that says "new message", but does not display the message 

Best Answer