Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
Have u tried switching messaging apps? Try message or go sms and make sure ur setting in the fitbit app are changed to the message or go sms. Message + does not work with fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did u ever figure out the problem? Are we supposed to see the actual message? Cause mine just says new message..I have the same phone as u..edge 6
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just have a Samsung 3, so not as new as yours. But that's all I see as
well. "Messaging New message" and that's it. Kind of frustrating when you
purchase something and it's not what advertised. I do like having the
clock feature and the get up a move feature as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmmm...but I'm trying to understand if anyone else has an actual message...like if that's what it's supposed to do
Best Answer
0 Votes
My notifications are sporadic. I constantly get a pop-up saying I need to enable notifications even though I had already done all of that. I even reset my tracker. Currently, I'm not getting any call or text notifications and haven't changed anything on my phone. It's frustrating and I hope Fitbit can work the issue out. I was so happy when it was working. Now I'm sad. :'(
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's supposed to tell you who the message is from and the first part of it. Characters are limited it won't show the whole message. If it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe I have both apps matching as "messenger".  Still no luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue, no notifications at all, no vibrating, have done all the so called fixes several times by myself and with customer support, until they finally said i have to wait or engineers to email me in a day or two, i also bought this because of the features that currently arent working, i have a samsung s6edge plus, if they cant resolve this it goes back to the store

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well if find anything out..please do share!! Lol
Best Answer

Same problem here.  Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , I'm thinking on buying the Fitbit Alta.. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 , I have google calendar and hangouts texts !!      Would the new Alta  show notifications with both of them ? Do you have a Medium ?   I'm between small and large!  Thank you , Goldie

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have Galaxy S7, my Alta syncs, tells me who is calling, tells me that I have a message but not who the message is from or the content, and I don't receive calendar notifications. I have trouble shooted per above.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the samsung galaxy note edge (5)....so I was having a lot of the same issues...one thing I did was do all the above steps, then go to apps, messages and force stop ...and clear cache...then I restarted my phone...it worked perfectly after that!

Best Answer

Help.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I am receiving the notifications of text but not the text content itself?  Is it supposed to show the content of the text?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roxylove No word on support specific for the Messaging+ app but if I hear of anything new, I will make sure to let you guys know here.

@Jeunene Can you confirm that you didn't have a recurring reminder for that meeting? Your Alta should only notify you per your reminders.

@SusannaMoss If you'd like to see an increase in the text notification length displayed, I suggest voting for this existing idea within the Feature Request board.

@LCoopSM As it sounds like you've tried all the things I have suggested in this thread and are still experiencing issues, I suggest reaching out to us at contact.fitbit.com so our Support Team can take an in-depth look into your specific device info to provide you with further troubleshooting steps.

@SShannon@SunsetRunner@ellstewsin Interesting! Thanks for trying to toggle the notifications off and on. Sorry for the delay in getting you some assistance. I suggest turning off the Fitbit Notification Service and then turning it back on and setting up the notifications one more time.

@SunsetRunner Were you not receiving any notifications before setting up GoSMS as your default app?

@tlong67156@Rodukes123@SThiessen@CBishop72 This should be easily fixed with these steps. Let me know if that helps.

@ellstewsin Have you tried setting a silent alarm on your Alta to see if it vibrates? Wanting to see if your vibrating motor is dead or if you're just not receiving any notifications.

@DonnaKay Can you clarify a bit further as to what you're experiencing? Does your Alta vibrate? Do you see any notifications once you get a vibration and use Quick View or double tap the Alta as shown here?

@goldie915 The Alta will display notifications with the Google Calendar and Google Hangouts, as that's how I have mine set up with my Galaxy Note 5. 

Screenshot_2016-03-28-12-26-38.png

As for sizes, you can see what we offer for the Alta, here.

@agtmom Glad to hear that you're up and running with your Alta and Note 5 Edge.

Best Answer
@ErickFitbit I think you misunderstood me. I mean the length of time it's displayed not the message/heading/subject itself. I have no problems with that. Just how long it shows before disappearing.
Best Answer

@SusannaMoss Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like this idea is a more appropriate one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I was having the same issues with my iPhone 6.  I followed one set of the directions, and realized I was using the dongle on my PC, as well as having bluetooth on my iPad and also trying on the iPhone 6.  I saw an article about your Alta needing to "bond" with just one device at a time.  So I did the following:

removed dongle from PC.

Closed fitbit app and shut off bluetooth on my iPad.  

Went into bluetooth on my iPhone 6 and "forgot" the Alta, closed Fitbit app.

Turned OFF bluetooth, turned OFF my iPhone. 

Reset my Alta on the PC.

Turned iPhone back on, turned bluetooth on, and went into Fitbit app.  

As soon as I tried pairing the Alta with the bluetooth (chose the all-day sync) it worked, and I've been getting my notifications just fine since.

Best Answer

That fixed mine as well!! thank you!!

Best Answer
I don't have my laptop or my tablet powered on and it still doesn't consistently do the notifications. Yesterday it worked for part of the day. And I frequently get a pop-up telling me that I need to enable notifications even though the check mark is boxed and all of the notifications are set as described and the previous posts.
Best Answer