Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta battery draining in a few hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In last couple of days my Alta battery is draining within a couple of hours where previously lasted several days.  Have tried resetting but still same problem.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

It's great to see you in the Community @LouiseR72

Thanks for your patience to this matter, in order further assist you I've created a Support case on your behalf, soon you'll be receiving an email with the next steps. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

My Fitbit Alta battery is slowly dereasing in use.  Last week it lasted two days between charging.  This week it is down to a day and a half.  Do the Fitbit batteries wear out?  I have reduced the display to only steps time and battery charge.  I've deleted all time sync and notifications to reduce battery usage but it is still losing battery power.

Best Answer

Mine has started to do the same 2 days ago. Only lasted 1 hours before it lost all charge. 

Best Answer

Mine went from last around 5 days to lasting barely a day.  This is the same problem I had with Fitbit charge, I had to charge it everytime I sat down so that it wouldn't die on me.  I hope they fix this or I'm going to see about getting an Apple watch instead.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @tedstr @Makely @silentgirl804

I totally understand your frustration to this matter and your patience is greatly appreciated. In order to further assist you I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf, soon you'll be receiving an email with the next steps. 

Hope it helps! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Since my one year warranty expired two months ago I was offered a 25% discount on a new one.  That means we are spending a $100 a year to use the Alta.  I guess I should have complained sooner.

Best Answer

My Alta has a similar but slightly different problem.  My Alta shuts down when the battery is only half charged.  I fully charge it and then in the middle of the week, it will suddenly vibrate and then shut down.  I don't usually feel or notice the vibrations and I also have vibrations set for the get up and walk feature.  Later I go to check my steps and I find out that my Alta is dead.  When I plug it back into the charger, the battery is at half.  Not sure why my Alta shuts down at half battery.  Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

Thanks for visiting the Forums @JBoiarsky

For you to have the best possible experience, I've created a Support Case on your behalf. Keep an eye on your inbox!

@tedstr Thanks for your feedback, Fitbit is always trying to improve their products and services and the Community is the best place to make your voice heard. 

See you around! 

Best Answer

@LouiseR72, thank you for this post. It reminded me that I need to reach out to support and get some help for my wife's alta. When new she could go 7 days between charges. It's been degrading over time, and is now down to 2 days. She'll have had it one year on 12/15/17, so time to chat with support. 

Regards, Eric

PS. Support chatted with, and they need a picture. Alta is currently on my wife's wrist in CA, so need to work on this a bit more. I really do like fitbit, but we've been through several of them. This alta is a replacement, bought by us, for a flex that died (out of warranty, and I was too lazy to call about it, which I suspect happens a lot). 

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer

I too have noticed an annoying decline in my Alta’s battery life. It was a replacement for a faulty Charge I had purchased. (While I love my Alta is doesn’t have the capability to track stairs) this replacement has been mediocre at best, the battery requires charge every day practically. It doesn’t respond sometimes when I flip my wrist - sometimes very slow. 

😞 

Best Answer

At about 1 year of age, my Alta went from needing a charge once a week to twice a week. Now a month later, I'm up to every other day. Apparently there is a built in obsolescence to these devices.

Best Answer

I too have noticed my battery drains in less than 30 minutes after being fully chargd. I have gone ahead and turned off all notifications to see if this will help but it hasn't. I practically move around with the charger which is such an inconvenience. I need help.

Best Answer

Mine has been doing the same thing. I get if off the charger and within an hour it’s already empty. I have tried resetting it change USB ports, etc. nothing is helping. 

Best Answer

I was given a Fitbit as a gift on Sunday. I used it yesterday. Left in on charge overnight last night because I was doing a 16k walk today, and the battery died about 1hour into the walk. Is there a problem with the Fitbit / battery / or how I’m using it?

Best Answer

My fit bit started losing a charge recently! It use to hold a charge for 5 days & now it barely holds one for the day ! Not hapoy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's really appalling that the only solution is to bin a product and buy a brand new one! 😲😲😲 how is that ever a solution? And the customer care/service unit hardly proffer any solution or even respond to complaints! Unbelievable!

Best Answer

Hi everyone and welcome to the new users! 

@EricJRW Let me help you with your inquiry, I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf,  soon you'll be getting an email with the next steps. Keep an eye on your email inbox. 

@Abctmc511 @CindyLouWho22  @Nwanny @Kenz0911 @Deirdre2411 @Bananalee Thanks for sharing these details and perform these troubleshoots. I recommend letting the battery drain until the tracker get unresponsive and then fully charge I recommend checking these charging tips and also review this article

Let me know if you're still getting trouble I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MaginB  I've read all of these tips and articles. The issue is not that the Alta is not charging. It charges fine and shows a full charge but does not hold a charge. I'm still at 2 days on a charge, so it hasn't declined any more since I last posted. Maybe it will make it to two years before I have to consider a replacement 🙂

Best Answer

Just like many others, my Alta hr no longer holds a charge. It went from 7+ days, to 4 days, to 2 days to half a day and now just a few hours. All this in the course of the past week. I’ve tried cleaning the connections, turning off reminders/syncing/quick view, charging on a flat surface, letting the battery completely drain before charging for two hours... this is my third Fitbit and this is getting beyond frustrating. Other than the fact that they all seem to fail after just over a year (once they’re out of warranty!) I like most things about fitbits. You’d think I’d learn and realize that apparently Fitbits aren’t built to last. But that really sucks for those of us who want remain loyal to Fitbit but are annoyed at having to buy a new one every 15 months. 

Best Answer