Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta battery draining in a few hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In last couple of days my Alta battery is draining within a couple of hours where previously lasted several days.  Have tried resetting but still same problem.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126
I believe the same way ! I love to part of Fitbit but I am thinking twice about buying another one !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same. I got one as a gift yesterday. Fully charged it. Battery was low 24 hours later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue. Just a few hours of battery life on my Fitbit Alta. It's only 7 months old. Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello this has happen to me in the past week. The charge only last under an hour. Any suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My replacement is so much better. I get just shy of 7 days. I was told to turn off auto-sync, quick view, and notifications. I only sync once or twice a day now. That's getting me a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit customer service was very helpful. I recommend contacting them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having a similar problem.  Fitbit alta was working fine and then suddenly now not holding charge for a day.  Very disappointing.  Is it time to just get an apple watch?.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit support team was very helpful. I'd recommend reaching out to them first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As much as I love my Alta, I might have to agree. Right now I'm ok with charging every other day, but if it gets to just a day, it might be time to ditch it.

Bluefan, after the warranty period, customer support is not much help.

@claudonwheat wrote:

Having a similar problem.  Fitbit alta was working fine and then suddenly now not holding charge for a day.  Very disappointing.  Is it time to just get an apple watch?.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I contacted support and got a replacement under warranty coverage, I am getting a full week. I recommend reaching out to them if you still are under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it’s time to get an Apple Watch - that’s  what I did.  FitBit is not addressing the issue with battery - the support is useless they only say purchase another one at 25% off.  The worst customer service for a product I’ve seen.  FitBit fix the issues.  

Best Answer

I have the same issues. Charges well.  But the will shut down with half or three quarters of battery life. I’m at two years of usage. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeannePilo. I'm beginning to believe 2 years is the Alta battery life span. I expect all batteries to degrade with time, but this seems to be a bit extreme. And then there's the issue that the darn charger keeps breaking. Just a hassle all the way around.

Best Answer

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I would like to help you out. Thanks a lot for what you've tried to get your trackers to work.

@CindyLouWho22 @Lisariv76 @Bananalee @JeannePiloI can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

@Vtmom @Bluefan, I'm glad to hear that our Support Team was able to get your Alta replaced and that you're now back on track! 🙂

If you guys need anything else, I'm here to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit I’ve done what you asked. I charged my Fitbit overnight, put it on this morning and synched it. I’ve been syncing it every hour. It is almost completely out of charge after less than half a day. 

Best Answer

@Lisariv76 How old is your Fitbit?  I’ll be interested in hearing the response. Since mine discharges in 2 days when I only sync twice a day, I’m sure mine would also be dead in a half day syncing as much as @FerdinandFitbit asked us to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

9 months. Still under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit started acting up when it was just over a year old (therefore no longer under warranty).

Best Answer

@Lisariv76 did you ever get a response from @FerdinandFitbit after you followed his procedure?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CindyLouWho22 No response from @FerdinandFitbit yet. But it was many weeks after I posted before he responded initially so I would be surprised if anyone is checking these boards regularly. Maybe we should try Twitter...

Best Answer
0 Votes