Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not receiving text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Read alot of the posts but my alta is still not receiving my text notifications. I tried restarting, uninstalling fitbit, turning on/off bluetooth, resyncing and still nothing.  It was working last week but when I had to restore my phone because something else wasn't working which is now working, my alta is not now.  My calendar and alarm works fine. 

Can someone help me please!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around @Kkn808

Thanks for sharing your inquiry and performing these troubleshoots, let me help you to get your notifications. Since you already tried these steps we need to exhaust all the possible troubleshoots, I recommend checking the My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone article. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

It's great to see you around @Kkn808

Thanks for sharing your inquiry and performing these troubleshoots, let me help you to get your notifications. Since you already tried these steps we need to exhaust all the possible troubleshoots, I recommend checking the My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone article. 

Keep me posted! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I've tried everything and still can't get my fitbit Alta to receive my
text messages. It used to work before. Everything else works: calendar,
alarm.

Is my Alta getting old and dying, had it for over a year.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well if your phone is on silent it won't get notifications thanks to the most ridiculous update ever. So a deaf person who has their phone on silent because the can't tell how loud it is and they are trying to be considerate can now get NO notifications. What abelist idiot thought that this was a good idea?

Best Answer
Are you serious lmao, even if my phone was on silent I would still get my
notifications on my fit. Your response didn't help me.
Best Answer

Hi there @Kkn808

Thanks for your patience to this matter and performing these troubleshoots. In order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team. Keep an eye on your email inbox and let me know how it goes! 

@searstd0 Thanks for your help! 

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, will wait to hear from them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an update to the software so now if your phone is on silent you don't get notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, my fit is up to date, only strange thing is I'm not receiving my text
message notifications but I do get calendar and alarm notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there a fix for this?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, wouldn't believe this but I restored my phone from my other note and
now it works, so crazy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kkn808 You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that you have sorted out. Robot Happy

@searstd0 The department in charge is aware of this issue and are working to have a resolution as soon as possible this will be fix in the next update. In the meantime you go to their system App Notifications settings and allow the Fitbit app to override Do Not Disturb mode.

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Magin

Please send that email to me too!! I have not received a text message on my Alta in a very long time! Someone told me it was stopped. I was thinking of getting a Versa, love the look, but if I can't get text message and phone call alerts then I will have to get a Samsung one.

I have sent a couple of emails/messages but no one has replied.

Thank you very much,

Sylvia D

Best Answer
0 Votes
For some reason they changed it so you have to change the setting if you
want to get notifications when your phone is on silent. The problem is a
notifications go through when I turn on do not disturb which.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new Alta. Except for one time, i don't receive text message notifications on it. Ido receive phone call and calendar. I have an iPhone 7plus. It is not a muting issue. Since Apple uses a different text protocol, SMS, could that be it? Just today i got texts when phone was nearby and no Alta notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there,

I have the Fitbit Alta for over a year now. I did the restore, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone on multiple occasions, disconnected and reconnected my Bluetooth, so the system settings and all to no avail. I am seriously considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Watch (multiple reasons, this is part of it). Any suggestions/recommendations on possible fixes?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

I have had the Fitbit Alta for over 3 years now. I did the restore, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone on multiple occasions, disconnected and reconnected my Bluetooth, but I can't read text messages on my phone anymore. I get the text notification and I know who is texting me but I can't read the messages. I get the other notifications as well. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner If a moderator responds to you it’s going to be a copy and paste generic response. They’re done with the Alta as it’s been having so many software issues over the past few months. I had my Alta for less than 6months when it started shutting off randomly. I received replacement trackers that too were defective and shutting off. This company doesn’t truly value its customers and just goes through the motions to appear like they care about the people that spend a lot of money on their products. Best of luck and I hope you get some real answers!

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. I figured that was going to be the case.
Best Answer

So was this ever resolved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes