Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta only working when on charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta only seems to work while it is charging . I have tried to reset it several times using the button on the charger. It syncs with my phone while it charges and shows full charge. Once I remove it from the charger, it does not work at all. It won't light up when not charging and my phone can't find it at all.

Any suggestions, besides the reset?!  

Best Answer
129 REPLIES 129

Welcome to the Forums @Laur6734

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, let me help you out. I noticed that you have already received a resolution from the Support Team, however you can still give it a shot at these charging tips. 

Hope it helps, keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Unfortunately it seems the battery is no longer working.  Although when on charger it shows that the battery is charging and works.  It was told to me yesterday by the customer care rep that my ONLY resolution was to purchase a new FitBit, which I certainly will NOT be doing if the life expectancy is only 1 year and 2 months (which is how long I had this Alta for). 

Best Answer

Same issue with my daughter's Alta.  It is only 1.5 years old and only works on the charger.  Fitbit offered 25% discount on a new one.  Apple watch is looking more appealing.

Best Answer

The same exact thing happened to me yesterday after an update. I have restarted it multiple times, turned off bluetooth and all the other tricks suggested. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Laur6734 @lal1234 @tax! I totally understand your frustration to this matter and the hard time that this might have caused you, Fitbit is constantly working to improve their products and services and the Community. 

Catch you later! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto. Mine was a "hardware issue" (vague) and I was offered a discount for a new one. I can't justify investing money in a new one when I don't know what happened to a two-year old device that I didn't mistreat.

The Support team was great and responsive, but the product seems faulty to die just after two years, and the fact that I'm not the only one that has this problem says there's a bigger issue they need to address.

Best Answer

Ditto. And yes, hard to justify spending the money on a new one knowing so many people are having this issue. VERY frustrating!!

Best Answer

Hi there @BCazee @tax

Thanks for sharing all these details, lI've noticed that some of you already contacted Support and got offered a 25% discount, the Support Team is always willing to help and if you have any inquiries regarding the Fitbit warranty you can take a look at it here

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As previously stated I was told I could have 25% off but never got a code. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Laur6734

Thanks for the update!  I escalated your case to the Support Team so please keep an eye on your email inbox, they'll be contacting you soon. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem after a similar amount of time.  I've tried everything suggested on these boards numerous times.  How do you get to support from Fitbit beyond these forums?  Starting to wonder if they just want us to all upgrade with so many issues.  Seems like another update to fix these issues is in order since it is such a widespread problem.  

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  It only works on the charger then instantly turns off when disconnected.  This is really frustrating only because I've loved this little device and it is vexing me!

Best Answer

Hi there @fabfinisher and welcome aboard @Colbywankenobi

Thanks for following all those steps, in order to further assist you I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf, soon you'll be getting an email with the next steps. Please keep an eye on you email inbox for the next steps.  

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I seem to be having the same issue? So frustrating especially now I had gotten used to it with checking when my kids wake up during the night. 

What’s the best service desk contact? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! I am having the exact same issue! My fitbit is 2 years and 3 months old so I guess I should be thankful it is just now happening but it is quite frustrating when you are used to having it on your wrist and now you don't. At least know I know my only option it sounds like is to purchase a new one...

Best Answer

Good luck to you both! Unfortunately when this happened to me, it was two years old, and no longer under warranty. They offered a small discount on a new one. I ended up switching to a less expensive brand. I had been customer from 2009-2018.

Best Answer

Im having the exact same issue!  What number do i call to speak with someone?

Best Answer

Don’t waste your time.  They will offer you NO resolution and just tell you that you need to buy a new one and offer you 25% off certain models.  

No resolution offered by FitBit except to buy a new one with a discount. 😡.  I bought an Apple Watch last week.  Best decision I could have made.  

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Do you mind me asking what my brand you switched to? 

Best Answer
0 Votes