Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta's battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My battery is only lasting for a day. Previously it had been lasting longer. It is less than a month old.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey hey hey @Weavrgrl, welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's a pleasure to have you here 🙂 Have you tried to reboot your Fitbit Alta as suggested by @Mcore? If not, I would like to suggest this. Also have you checked your Fitbit's charging contacts on the back of your Alta? Over time the contacts can accumulate dirt and debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this can damage the plating and result in corrosion.

I hope these suggestions help 😉 Have a wonderful day! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
146 REPLIES 146

Hey hey hey @Weavrgrl, welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's a pleasure to have you here 🙂 Have you tried to reboot your Fitbit Alta as suggested by @Mcore? If not, I would like to suggest this. Also have you checked your Fitbit's charging contacts on the back of your Alta? Over time the contacts can accumulate dirt and debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this can damage the plating and result in corrosion.

I hope these suggestions help 😉 Have a wonderful day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Followed Fitbit support instructions, still having battery issues. Fully charged battery last night this morning it's only at 50% hope it lasts the day.Try also cleaning charging contact. Still having issues!!!

Best Answer

Hey hye @TBar6 thanks for joining us here! If you have followed the steps to maximize battery life and the issue persists, the best call is getting in touch with support. Make sure of explain all the troubleshooting you have made by your own, I'm sure they will be glad to assist. 

See you, welcome to the Community! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, it used to last for several days..now at most a day and a half... I've only had it for about 3 months. I've turned off the auto sync thinking this would take care of it..NOPE still dying quickly 😞

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here @SeattleSiren! Have you tried @SunsetRunner suggestions and tips in his previous post? If so, please get in touch with Support for extra help. Just let them know the troubleshooting steps you took before contacting them.

Good luck and keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

HI - Came out here to see if others were experiencing fast draining batteries on the Alta. Looks like a few comments.  My Alta has been great and has held a charge for 5-7 days until a week ago and bam ! Now I am charging every couple of days. I thought a fluke at first. Has anyone heard back from Fitbit on why the battery is draining so quickly ? My connectors are clean. It charges up fast. Just not holding for long.  Thx

Best Answer

Hey there @Mlbrink! Battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. Consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. To find the setting, open the app and tap Account. At the top of the screen tap Alta to see your settings. All-Day Sync is near the bottom. 
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • Turn off Quick View. Since this feature causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist towards you, turning it off can prolong battery life. To find the setting, open the app and tap Account. At the top of the screen tap Alta and scroll down.
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold.

Also, try restarting your Fitbit Alta. If this doesn't help, please reach for our Support team. I'm sure that they can help further. 

Good luck and keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

My response to this would be...."If I had all of those things on before, (as, this is what the ALTA is supposed to do), why should I have to turn them off for the tracker battery to last five days - as it did before the problem started (with all of those things turned on)?" This is my (second) tracker, and it is now doing the same thing that happened to the first...I believe it's a battery issue, not the activities that I have turned on.

Best Answer

I agree with you. This is the second tracker I have has and they all seem to end up with problems. My Alta held a charge just fine for almost 7 days. Now I am lucky to make it a day or two. Why should I have to change all the settings to get the battery to last longer when it lasted just fine before with the current settings I have. Fitbit needs to fix their products. I am getting super frustrated spending the money for a fitness tracker that I just have to replace a few months later. The Alta was more expense then the flex I had and I have purchased extra bands so I have like $300 wrapped up in a tracker that is now not holding a charge. I am really frustrated. Fitbit better replace my tracker.

Best Answer
I agree!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I agree 100% that turning off what has previously been on and working is NOT an acceptable option for solving my issue.  I have emailed Support to ask when they will send a replacement.  I have explained to them that turning off what is on when it worked previously is NOT troubleshooting nor is it an acceptable solution.   I want 5 days of battery life on my ALTA while I have reminders to move, display and all day sync on.   It's what they said would happen.  They will have to make good on their claim.

Best Answer
I completely agree! I emailed the support over the weekend and am awaiting a response. That is crap if they don't send a replacement. We are not getting what we paid for! We paid for a tracker that was supposed to remind us when to move and sync and track our steps! Plus let us use the display and see calls and texts. They have a battery problem and need to get it fixed asap! I have a feeling even if we get replacements it will do the same thing eventually. Wish it came with a warning label that it may only work correctly for a couple months then you have to turn off all settings??!?!?! That's not a solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I heard back from support and they agreed that the battery has suddenly started draining too quickly.  They have askd me to do do one test for them to determine what is going on.   The reply to my email took a matter of hours.   So far I have been incredibly impressed with Fitbit Customer Service.

Best Answer
This is my second Alta, and the battery has been draining in two days! I had the same issue with my first Alta, and they did replace it. They can track the activity on your tracker and see for themselves that the battery is draining unusually fast. Hope you get solutions.
Best Answer
I was impressed too. They are prompt when it comes to customer service. However, as I said previously, this is my (second) tracker, and it's beginning to do the same thing. I had to reset it the other day - which seems to have taken care of the problem for now. I guess I will wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.
Debbie
Best Answer

I charged it last night and reset it via the charging cable (I use my computer to charge it)

so far today it's holding the charge like it normally would and I have not changed any settings and I am also manually syncing it every 3 hours...  fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning!

Mine has been working fine since I reset it Sunday, and it's barely lost half of the battery....maybe it was some sort of bug? 

Good luck!

Best Answer

How do you reset it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's annoyingly easy but hard to find...

you attach the charger to the Alta and then on the USB end there is a small button (hard to see/find) and then you press that button 3 times in 8 seconds.

I push count one two push count one two push...  once the FITBIT sign comes on and the ALTA will vibrate you know it's reset.  

FWIW  still showing at full charge.

Best Answer