Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta's battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My battery is only lasting for a day. Previously it had been lasting longer. It is less than a month old.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
146 REPLIES 146

Reset was the solution to my battery problem, back to getting 10 days from a full charge (or 11 this time) got all day sync off, call notifications off but reminders to move on.. Extremely happy as had a charge before and returned it due to battery issues.. Fingers crossed it carries on this way!

Best Answer

@Ferg23 I was able to get in contact with our Support Team and they confirmed that someone was in contact with you earlier today and are awaiting for your response to help get you back on track.

@SteveLongBeach After the reset did you charge it back up to 100%? If not, I recommend doing so and wearing it as normal but also making note of the date. Let me know if it lasts the estimated time frame listed here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

The re-start worked for me. The Alta was only lasting 2 days, now close to a week. It took a few tries to re-start the Alta though. Thanks to this forum to avoid more frustration!!!

Best Answer

I tried doing the reset and all it did was make the battery come up with an "!" In it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did yours show a ! In the battery when you tried to restart it

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to keep pressing the button in groups of three and eventually it showed the version #.  I guess that means it re-started.  I had do try probably 10-15 times before it reset

@KristinNelso wrote:

I tried doing the reset and all it did was make the battery come up with an "!" In it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's fitbit alta's battery is draining rapidly in just a few hours.

I have tried doing the reset procedure on it, many times, but I cannot get it to show a reset.

It just keeps showing the battery being charged on the alta's screen.

It has the latest firmware update.

Does the battery have to be fully charged to do a reset procedure that actually works ?

The Alta is still under warranty, but she is read to toss it and get an Apple watch instead.

Best Answer

Just happened to me today, suddenly dead battery. I will be doing a reset, and cleaning the contacts. I really hope this works....I love my Alta.  I won't turn off all the features, it should just work.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with the battery, this is my 3rd fitbit band first was a flex then the charge now the alta and all have done the same within a 10 to 12 month period. I noted that the advise is to switch off all the features to stop battery drain, these features are what fitbit advertise to make us go out and buy it in the first place. So for the first 6 months or so the battery has no problem with all the features being on, lasting 5-7 days on a single charge, then one day you wake up and suddenly your lucky to get a full days use. To me this is just rediculous and fitbit need to address the problem properly. Maybe this is a built in thing to make us go out and buy a replacement every time. I am very disappointed as I love my fitbit and I have stayed loyal to the brand, however, I will think long and hard before replacing alta with another fitbit product. 

Best Answer
I know your frustration! They replaced mine the first time, and so far I've reset mine when the battery starts to drain fast and that seems to take care of it for a while. But it is a pain to have to constantly monitor the battery life!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems obvious that the batteries are not very good !

Best Answer

I think there may be an issue with the firmware... but there does not seem to be a way of re-installing it or going back to a previous firmware... based on the response that I have received... I have tried doing a reset, but it will not work.

Best Answer

I agree @_deb.  I have the exact problem, and went looking for answers here. I have had mine for 6 months, and was able to keep a charge for 7 to 8 days. Now the battery is draining fast, i have to charge 2 to 3 days. Right now I did the restart and totally drained my battery doing that, so charging now and hopefully it will last 7 to 8 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update, this worked, resetting the alta battery. Just like cell phones and laptops, the reason you buy them for their features is so that you are able to utilize all of its features, the battery is suppose to be able to handle all of this, I am sure the designers know what they are doing and wouldn't do this if the battery wasn't capable of handling it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

YAY!!! I just got my Alta in January and I had a calendar event set for every 4 days to charge. This worked fine until a couple of weeks ago when it was starting to get low after a day and was "in the red" (on the dashboard) after 2. I rebooted the device on Monday and it's still green today (Wednesday)!!!

Best Answer

I agree with _deb, why have all these functions if the product can't handle the battery drain.  Maybe Fitbit should improve the battery on this product.  I too have had the same problem with the battery draining very fast. When the product was new it would last almost 5 days with all the functions turned on.  I now have turned off most of the functions to see how long the battery last now.  So my question is now "if you turn off most or all the functions so the battery last longer, what good does it do to have the product on your wrist that you can't see any functions in order for the battery to last longer".  

Best Answer

Mid-March now and reset works great.  Alta (with all functions) lasts 8+ days. It was hard to reset though, took 10+ tries on both my Alta and wife's

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue with my wife's Alta's battery draining too quickly cannot be fixed by doing a "reset", because it does not respond to the reset procedure... it won't reset no matter how many times I have tried it.

I also have an Alta, and I can get mine to do a reset by following the procedure.

The only other possible thing to try is to do a re-install of the firmware, but according to the Fitbit support person that my wife worked with, that is not possible.

Therefore the only solution left is to get another device and throw the Alta away.

Best Answer

I'm having this exact problem for the second time. I've done everything they suggest and it's just not lasting anymore. We shouldn't have to disable features to prolong the battery. What's the Fitbit for if we can't use it accordingly??

Best Answer