Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta's battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My battery is only lasting for a day. Previously it had been lasting longer. It is less than a month old.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
146 REPLIES 146

After charging and rebooting my Alta last Monday I didn't have to charge it again until Sunday. Technically I didn't HAVE to charge it on Sunday, it probably would have made it at least until Monday, but I wanted to do it at home instead of at work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem!  Just fully charged mine Saturday night and this morning it's on the red?????  NOT HAPPY!!!  Only had this since mid January!  This is my 3rd Fitbit device and none of the others have had any charging issues!

@SeattleSiren wrote:

I'm having the same issue, it used to last for several days..now at most a day and a half... I've only had it for about 3 months. I've turned off the auto sync thinking this would take care of it..NOPE still dying quickly 😞

Best Answer

I tried cleaning the band and it worked.  My Alta is charging again.

thank you!

Best Answer

Done the same thing but still draining fast. 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I tried the reset button trick and my Fitbit has been holding a charge for about five days depending on how many times I tap it to see the time, mileage etc.  so far so good.  

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  Fitbit already replaced my Alta once, now I am having the issue with the new one.  I'm wondering if it is just the Alta or if it happens with other Fitbit models.  I'm thinking about giving up on Alta and trying a new model.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. this is my FOURTH replacement since January and I am not a happy camper.  All of a sudden the battery is not holding charge for some reason. It seems to be happening to a lot of people.

I recently purchased a new charger - so could it be the actual charger causing this problem ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a new charger also. No use! Also tried the reset today. Still didn't work!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
After resetting mine a while back, Ive only had a couple of "low battery" issues. All I do is reset it and let it charge for 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Mine has worked fine since resetting it. It's been a while since it's drained fast, but when it does, I reset it and let it charge for 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems pretty clear that Fitibit has a significant issue with the batteries in the Alta. If you do a google search you'll see thousands of complaints.  Both my wife and I have had issues with ours where after about a year of use the alta either just died or would need a charge every day or two.  I'll give the company credit as they are generally cooperative and did offer a replacement but it seems to me there's a bigger issue here.  If this were a car they'd recall it and have all the batteries replaced in the first generation of Altas (as it seems to be an issue more common in the Alta than any other model and as far as I can tell its not as significant issue in the Alta HR).  

Best Answer

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with the battery draining so fast, I have to put my alta to charge every 5 hrs or it will go off and unresponsive. When I put it to charge, the battery is half full but the data has been lost. What's your tech support phone number in Australia?

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. After my second Alta's battery started having issues, I opted for the 50% off a Fitbit charge and have been problem free! Bought the 2 year warranty just in case!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I fixed mine with a good cleaning, then after the good cleaning, it started to not charge again. I took it back to Costco, where I purchased it and they gave me a full refund. I then bought a Fitbit Charge. Costco was great, the Fitbit did not have a warranty expiration, therefore I received a full refund.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

How do I reset my device

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. This is my second alta hr. The first one wouldn't sync at all and wasn't recognized by my phone. I've had this one for a couple of months and it just started draining quickly. I have to charge it every day now and I don't know why. I cleaned the power connector, I don't have silent alarms activated, I deactivated automatic syncing. Now this one won't sync either. I'm so frustrated with fitbit. I'm tired of wasting my money on this stuff if it isn't going to work. 

Best Answer
I ended up getting a new fitbit - charge II -- I was able to get my money
back for my fitbit alta because I purchased it at Costco. My suggestion is
to buy a new fitbit at alta, Costco will take it back regardless of when
and why.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue with the battery - about 16-18 hour life!!!  Found it has to do with the weight of the fitbit and the short cord which dangles your device in mid-air, thus not making a good connection.  Really odd to remove basic features to save battery when perhaps you could spend the extra penny to supply a longer cord.  Try charging it laying on the floor or via your computer resting on a desk . . . not hanging from the electrical outlet, that seemed to solve my 16 hour battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

totally agree I have sent my fitbit alta back 5 times. one because it would not sync to my iPhone and the other 4 times was for the battery, I charge mine sitting next to my computer so it is not dangling in mid air, etc   I really  gave up at this point. fot a while it worked and then all of a sudden the battery drains and will not stay charged for more than 8 hours.   by the time I go to work and come home it is drained.

wish you best of luck too.  I am glad I am not the only one this is happening too.   I also got a new charging cord and tried that still no luck.  it is very discouraging to spend $130 on something that does not work

Best Answer
Thank you for responding what is even more disappointing is this was a birthday present from my husband who has a blaze with no issues (has a different charger with docking station). And to disable features . . Please! Asked me where i purchased from and what country? Um direct from you in the US?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer