Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta's battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My battery is only lasting for a day. Previously it had been lasting longer. It is less than a month old.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
146 REPLIES 146

Please can someone have the common decency to explain why my battery drains every day and when I press the button 3 times whilst recharging I do not get the Fitbit icon just the usual charging battery.  This has been going on for over a week.  #unacceptable #sort it out

Best Answer
Oh how i experienced the same issues. What helped mine tremendously was laying on a surface to charge and not dangling in mid air as well as turning off the feature when every time you turn your wrist it displays. Went from holding a charge for less than 16 hours to four almost five days. I am disappointed too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but have tried both of those.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have a problem charging, the battery seems to drain extremely fast, about a day!😏

Best Answer
Have had success holding a 6-7 day battery charge now by doing the following:

1. Laying the fit bit on a flat surface to charge and not dangling in mid air

2. Turn off feature where every time you turn your wrist the time displays

This helped tremendously and no more charging every 16 hours or less!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. Followed battery saver options and cleaned connectors. It might last a day. Very frustrated. Less than a year old so would like a replacement since the problems have become much worse over the last couple of months.Also doesn't record a "walk" as an activity consistently. I really do like the the device when it works properly but this one isn't.

Best Answer
Charge it laying flat from your computer or electrical cord on the floor not dangling in mid air. Seemed to help my issue - battery lasting at least a week now. For as much as you pay (and my band was more than my watch) a longer cord should be supplied.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem (Alta 13 months old). I couldn’t reset it because the flimsy charger broke not long after l got it - following comments on here/Amazon bought a sturdier one which doesn’t have the reset button (the original one was a bit temperamental anyway).

Contacted FitBit who to be fair were good and immediately sent a replacement.

Had it a fortnight now: first week - 4 days charge. Now down to 2 again. When it dies completely I won’t be buying another: the Alta was an upgrade to my previous two Charges which both broke ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So essentially, to save the battery, disable all of the app features.  Well that's not very useful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why are these common problems treated like each occurrence is unique? The 'solutions' quoted are often so  basic they are insulting.

My Alta HR was fine. Battery lasting 5-7 days. Suddenly, not gradually, I'm having to charge it daily.

No I will not turn any features off. What's the point of having it if it's not fit for purpose. Yes I have restarted it. 

Just like with the multiple trackers feature not working I am not impressed with the long running sagas that never seem to be resolved. 

Best Answer

I think this could be my problem too. The firmware update was not long before the battery issue. Hmmm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try charging laying flat. No issues since i’ve been doing that and I also turned off the feature that when you turn your wrist it turns on. Didn’t use that anyway.  Battery lasts at least 10

days now.  Hope it works for you too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this is telling me we can't use all the features the fitbit has offered.  I think all of us just need to change the battery.  Can someone please tell us how to do that?

Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my alta yesterday.  I charged it over night and less than 30 min I am at 1/2 battery life...am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You arent’t doing anything wrong! Just lay on something flat to charge via your computer or power strip. Don’t dangle to charge from electrical outlet the weight prevents a good contact with the charger you will notice a big difference. I use a power strip and lay in floor to charge mine lasts between 7-9 days. Wish they would provide a longer cord or charging station like the blaze model does

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thank you!!

Jennifer Canada MSN,RN
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help and suggestion @uLemonhead2! Thanks for stopping by @jcanada2! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Alta. 

I'd like to kindly advise you to vote for @uLemonhead2’s post. Votes contribute to a positive reputation in the community. Earning votes and giving votes also factors into the Community Rank and the possibility to land a spot on the Most Helpful Authors list, located at the bottom right of every discussion category page.

Or, if you need extra help let me know. I'll be around! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and mine is only 2 days old. Also, I have my step goal set at 10,000 and it doesn't do the party thing or acknowledge it when I reach my goal at all. Tonight, it shut off just as I reached the goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

BubbeJ - This may sound counter-productive but turn off All-Day Sync.  Also turn off the feature that causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist (quick view).  No reminders every hour to get up and move.  Mine will give me the fireworks when I hit 10,000 steps, text messages & calls.  The rest I tap to look at.   My battery now lasts about 7-10 days by laying FLAT to charge via cord on floor or laptop (not dangling from outlet).  One thing I am disappointed in - don't waste the $ on the designer bands. . . .husband purchased the paracord public school black (more than the fitbit $175) which broke in about 6 months where it connects.  Luckily, they replaced it for free.  Within 3 weeks, the cord of the bracelet began to unravel.  Not very comforting, and the rubber original band, that thing didn't last a month.  .  

Best Answer

Thanks so much uLemonhead2! I turned all of those things off. Hopefully that will fix it. Already charging it flat. 🙂 Worried about the band now though. lol Saw a stainless one on walmart site for cheap. wonder if that would work better?

Best Answer
0 Votes