Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta turns off after silent alarm

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta is nearly a year old and I’ve just had the band replaced now it has started turning itself off when I tap to turn off the silent alarm. The battery still has charge and it turns back on when plugged in. I’ve tried the reset button on the charger but it hasn’t made a difference.

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Welcome to the Forums @Meegs_Be

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and performing the troubleshoots mentioned. Please make sure that your tracker is being properly charged, check out these tips. I also recommend checking this other great article and I also recommend performing the restart again. 

Let me  know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Hi, it says it’s fully charged and I have done another restart but it now only stays on for a few minutes and then turns itself off. I have also synced again and it says the software is up to date. Thanks

Best Answer

I am noticing the same issue with my Alta. It was working fine a couple of days back. Also I noticed that there have been quite a few posts about this same issue with the Alta in the last few hours/days.

Best Answer

Now after doing another reset, it just vibrates every time I push the button on the charger

Best Answer

Mine isn't resetting either. It just keeps vibrating when I press the button.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @anupam149 and @Meegs_Be! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Alta and for confirming that you have followed @MaginB's advice. 

Upon checking with Support @Meegs_Be, I was able to see that currently you have a case with them. I'm sure that they can help further with this and get you back on track in no time. 

@anupam149 To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, thanks @LucyAP. There was a fault found in the firmware and a replacement is on its way. 

Best Answer

Thank you very much for your help @LucyAP! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Meegs_Be and @anupam149! You are more than welcome and I'm very happy to hear that Support was able to help. I hope your new Fitbit buddy help you to crush all your fitness goals! 😉

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My replacement Alta just did the same thing again 😔

Best Answer

Mine might be delivered today. But based on your response I am feeling a bit scared 😞 😞
I just bought 2 new bands for my Alta a couple of days before it died. :'(

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @Meegs_Be and @anupam149! Thanks for sharing your feedback. Since you are already in contact with Support, I'd like to kindly advice you to updated your case with them. I'm sure that they can help further with this. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did they find the fault in software ? I called today a support said it’s probably something wrong with my Fitbit but now just out of warranty couldn’t do anything 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, they did some diagnostic testing on their end. I am still having issues sometimes and I find that if I let the alarm go instead of tapping to turn it off, it doesn’t turn itself off. Not ideal but I’m on my third Alta and I think they don’t seem to be doing to fix the fault. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine Alta is brand new and turns off.  Battery shows charged as well.  I have had it two days.  Probably going to return it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta HR keeps dying after the alarm goes off. I don’t think I even get to tap it off, it just dies and depletes all battery despite it being at 85%before I went to bed last night. This has been happening for a while now. It then will not charge for about a week. I thought it was that charging cable so bought a new one but it’s still happening. Help

Best Answer

I’ve had my Fitbit Alta for over year and a half and I started having the same issue about a week ago.  I also noticed there are other features affected when this happens. My sleep doesn’t get analyzed the night before and sometimes my calories say I’ve burned double of what I normally burn.  I will be calling Fitbit support shortly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just gave up and bought a new watch!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
After talking to a customer service rep, they told me that because the warranty expired, I will have to get a new watch and they have me a 25% Discount coupon.

Maybe they should make a longer lasting product instead of making people spend so much money replacing them!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes