Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Notification keeps vibrating and I don't know why

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In my calendar on my iPhone I put my hours that I am in office at work. Its from 10-5, and from 9 am and passed 10 am I kept getting the notifaction on my fitbit alta. Some times it be 10 mins inbetween others it be like every 2 mins. I turned off the calendar notification for now but I was wondering if someone knows the issue? 

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Thanks, Erick. That seems to have worked!

Best Answer
Thanks Erick - Mine works now too. No more bussing - thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @DCobham Yes! Glad to hear that it worked for you, thank you for the update! Robot Very Happy

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same issue on my Blaze. Mine is isolated to Facebook calendar events and it doesn't matter if I decline the invite I still get notified. My Blaze vibrates every 2-5 minutes for hours after the event start time. I typically turn off notifications for a day, then all is fine. I took video showing the same alert displaying on my screen repeatedly.
Best Answer

My Blaze is constantly reminding me about a Calendar event, even when I hit ignore AND keep swiping to dismiss the event. Even when I am clearly at that event on my GPS on my phone, the Blaze will not stop alerting me. I have the current updates. Can someone please let FitBit know about this and get an update to fix it? Thank you!!

Best Answer

My Alta was fixed for a little while. Then on Monday I kept getting notifications for an invite event via Outlook. I didn't even have notifications set for that event. I finally had to just delete the event since it was over 3 full days. I guess the fix disappeared on this last update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kmdcolo @Lynnessa What happens when you restart the Blaze when the notification continues?

@WineScarlet Have you tried restarting the Alta when the notification is going off? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, rebooting doesn't solve the issue. That was the first thing I tried.
Best Answer

Same here, rebooting doesn't fix the problem on my Blaze. Its calendar notifications all day long =/

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have fully updated, brand new Alta, and I still get the same calendar alert 20 times a day for an event 2 days away. Make it stop!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same problem with my Blaze. The calendar notifications don't stop -- they seem to only "snooze" rather than dismiss and they repeat over and over. I've confirmed that the battery is charged, the software is up-to-date, and I've rebooted. Doesn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact same issue with my brand new FitBit Charge 2. I constantly (and seemingly randomly) get notified of my an event (typically my work schedule). It's annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started getting this notification last night and it continues to go off every 2-5 minutes - very frustrating.  The reminder isnt even for something I have on my calendar its for 11:28 pm and traffic? I have tried restarting and checking for updates and nothing ...  Any fix on this yet??

Best Answer
0 Votes

7 months later from the orginal post and this is still happening to my Alta.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kmdcolo @Lynnessa @Alynk @bowlingotter @jaxadorawho @lilmisslana @samanthamurphy I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and letting them know that you've tried the restart as a troubleshoot and the result. I am confident that our team will be able to help get you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happeneing to me as well. The issue went away for a while, but it has now returned after the latest software update. I hope it can be resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see you around the Community @pvwon! I'm sorry to hear about this situation. 

In this case, if you have already tried the restart suggested in Erick's post above, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Support team, and they will gladly assist you further with this. 

Let me know if you need anything else! Woman Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still getting this problem. Not all calendar events do this, but a significant number do. It seems to happen primarily on recurring appointments (which I have a lot of). It will remind me over and over, even if I have dismissed the notification on my phone.

Best Answer

I only received my FitBit Alta yesterday and new firmware was updated in the process of setting it up. I've been having the same issue with calendar notifications constantly buzzing after the time at which the event has begun.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with Versa. The only fix was to disable notifications for outlook. One more swell feature I paid for but can't use because it is just freaking annoying and sucks the battery. You guys gonna fix this for the versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes