Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Notification keeps vibrating and I don't know why

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In my calendar on my iPhone I put my hours that I am in office at work. Its from 10-5, and from 9 am and passed 10 am I kept getting the notifaction on my fitbit alta. Some times it be 10 mins inbetween others it be like every 2 mins. I turned off the calendar notification for now but I was wondering if someone knows the issue? 

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

This happens on my Charge 2 and it bugs the hell out of me!

Best Answer

Even for a one hour event I still get repeat notifications during the event. 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing and I have both an Alta and a Blaze.  I set the reminders for a reason but there needs to be a way to acknowledge the reminder as received to make the buzzing stop.  I don’t want to disable the calendar reminders as I need them but don’t need to be reminded every couple of minutes even past the event time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surprise to see this still happening two years later....my Blaze is driving me crazy.  Software on Fitbits are garbage.  My next smartwatch will NOT be a Fitbit.

Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. At least I know that it’s not something I am doing (or not doing). Unfortunate and annoying problem that should have been corrected if it’s been happening for 2 years now.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I think I actually figured it out. When “time to leave” notifications were set (usually when something auto-added to my calendar) that’s when I would get the repeated notifications. Turning off the “time to leave” notifications seems to fix it. It’s just a hassle. 

Best Answer
Thanks so much! I’ll try it!😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started wearing my Fitbit Inspire two days ago, and I'm getting the same problem. It does seem to be isolated to calendar updates by others that have "time to travel" enabled. I get time to travel notifications every 15-20 minutes throughout the event and even after. It seems like a bug that Fitbit should have fixed by now, so that's quite disappointing. It will certainly make me think twice about upgrading or replacing this device when the time comes. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue of multiple calendar alerts on a FitBit Alta purchased in March 2019.  Just started getting endless notifications for calendar events in the last month and they won't stop!  I do include "travel time" in many iPhone calendar entries (I live in LA, so its kind of important!), but this is sooo annoying!  

For now I've tried removing ALL "time to leave" alerts in my recurring calendar entries and we'll see if that may help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  this keeps happening to me too.  An old reminder from my Calendar.  It keeps going off at regular intervals but it has only happened since I updated to IOS 13

Best Answer

My Charge 2 has been notifying me every half hour today that it is Yom Kippur?  Trying every suggestion given and it won’t stop.  My iPhone 8 Plus was updated to IOS 13 but according to Fitbit support,  Fitbit is having issues.  My account manager on my dashboard still has my IOS at 12.4 dated August but can’t seem update that.  Very frustrating and annoying to get so many notifications!   Help!!

Best Answer

Yes, I don’t want to disable reminders either.  Today I am getting reminders for Columbus Day and a few days ago, a birthday reminder.  For me, it’s the all day events that won’t stop even when I checked only the day before reminders.  Why can’t they fix this??😡

Best Answer

You’re right, why can’t you acknowledge the reminder and then it stops even for an all day event?   Love my Fitbit but this is annoying!  😡

Best Answer

This is also happening with my Versa.  It started after the new iOS Apple update. It normally sends calendar notifications at 9 AM but now I’m getting them all day and all night.

Best Answer
Thank you! Glad it’s happening to someone else and it’s not that something is wrong with my Fitbit So irritating! Keep trying to figure out how to stop it. Called Fitbit but they only said they are trying to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

get rid of the Fitbit, problem solved! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh yes, it drives me crazy!  I only want a day before notification for my appointments, do not want them for holidays!  and definitely don't want the time to drive notification.  It only started when my iPhone got updated and still haven't figured out how to stop them!!!  Come on Fitbit fix the problem!  Absolutely, love my Fitbit and wear it nonstop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread appears to be about the Alta, but Im having the same issues on my charge 2. Is fitbit fixing this for all?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2 also.  Not sure if Fitbit fixing it.  Been having this issue since my iPhone software update.   Spoke to someone at Fitbit and all they said was they were working on it.  😡

Best Answer

Clearly this isn't iOS 13 which is causing it.  It has been doing this since 2016.

Best Answer
0 Votes