Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Pair Alta with iPhone 7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a new phone yesterday and I don't know how to get the Alta to pair with my new phone. I "unpaired" it from my old phone and downloaded the Fitbit app on my new phone and logged into my account. It shows my Alta as a device but cannot find it, I assume because it isn't connected via Bluetooth. How do I get my new phone to pair with the Alta? Nothing shows up under Bluetooth on my phone.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
@ErickFitbit
Thank you for the response. Nothing in that help article actually worked for me.
I had to remove the Alta device from my Fitbit app and go through setup again. That didn't go super smooth either, I had to restart the Alta and the Bluetooth on my phone multiple times before the setup was successful but it does appear that things are syncing properly with my new phone now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37
I'm having the same problem with my new iPhone 7plus. I can't get it to pair. My old phone will still sync with it but I can't get my new one to locate my Alta. It just keeps spinning and saying "looking".
Best Answer
Yes, same here for iPhone 7. Although, I unpaired it from my old phone, so it won't sync to my old phone any longer but initially it did.
I don't know if I need to delete the Alta from my app and start over?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@JessicaKaye @lanasa I mvoed your post into the iOS App board as it will receive better attention from other iOS users who may have experienced the same when setting up a tracker with a new iOS mobile device.

I recommend checking out the troubleshooting suggestions in this help article. Hoping that helps you get back on track with your new phone.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
@ErickFitbit
Thank you for the response. Nothing in that help article actually worked for me.
I had to remove the Alta device from my Fitbit app and go through setup again. That didn't go super smooth either, I had to restart the Alta and the Bluetooth on my phone multiple times before the setup was successful but it does appear that things are syncing properly with my new phone now.
Best Answer
I got mine working by deleting the fit bit app and reinstalling it.
Best Answer

@JessicaKaye @lanasa Thanks for explaining your effort in troubleshooting the issues and for confirming that you were able to successfully get the app to sync with your tracker. Thanks again!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I cannot get mine to pair with my new 7plus. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, deleted and tried to reinstall the Alta from my account but it could never find it, I have turned the blue tooth on and off multiple times, nothing is working! Luckily I still have my old phone and it will pair with that phone so at least I'm not losing all my progress!

Best Answer

I would make sure to un-pair it from your old phone before trying to pair it with your new phone. That could be why it couldn't find it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did that first, just forgot to mention it. I only paired it back when I couldn't pair it with my new phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SusanEC, it's my pleasure to welcome you to the Community!

As @JessicaKaye mentioned, if your Alta is paired to your old phone, that might be the reason your new one is unable to find it. Please check the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and check if Alta is on the list of paired devices; if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then restart your tracker and try to sync it with your new phone. 

Give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I was having trouble pairing with my new IPhone 7, but followed the suggestions provided by the Fitbit moderator and now everything is working great. Though my steps were syncing properly, I was not receiving text messages or phone calls on my Fitbit Alta band from my new phone. So I went to Bluetooth on my old phone and clicked on Alta: Forget this Device. Then I deleted my Fitbit app on my new phone and re-download it. Then I signed in but Bluetooth was still not showing Alta so I went to Fitbit App and clicked on my account. Then Alta. Afterwards, I clicked on Notifications and it said that my Fitbit needed to be paired with my phone. I clicked on connect and it paired them. When I clicked on Bluetooth, Alta now shows up and is paired. I called my new iPhone 7 from my house phone to make sure it all worked and my Fitbit band started vibrating with the incoming call☺️

Best Answer

Hello @IvelissesC, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community!. I'm very glad to hear your trakcer is now working properly and receiving notifications!. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. I hope to see you around!

Happy stepping. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

"This help article" you suggested solved my pairing issue, thanks Eric

Best Answer

My problem was that the Alta was paired with WIndows 10 laptop on bluetooth,.  Alta can only pair with one device at a time... I choose to have it paired with iPhone, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All I had to do was go to the device on my app, go to notifications, and it automatically asked me if I would like to pair my Alta to my new phone. 

Best Answer

Hello @daniellehutch, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around!

When you enable Notifications on your tracker, your phone will ask to pair your Fitbit tracker with the phone's Bluetooth. However, keep in mind that this bond is not necessary for your tracker to sync, is only necessary for Notifications. Also, in case you'd like to sync your tracker with another phone or another device, this bond will prevent that device from syncing with your tracker. 

Nevertheless, I'm glad your Alta is working with your phone, in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

What if I don't have my old phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @beachbum1, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If you don't have your old phone around, don't worry, your tracker will not look for it as it's not nearby. Are you having trouble syncing or setting up your tracker? If so, please let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea how I did it but I finally got it to pair. Thank you anyway

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes