Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Fitbit Alta for the first time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just purchased my Fitbit Alta and I am in the initial charging stage. How can you tell if it is actually charging? I accidentally hit the small button on the USB cable and now it's not showing a thing on the screen. The Fitbit logo was there now it's gone, ugh, something so small should not be this difficult to charge
Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

You are welcome @ireniebeanie! That's great! The firmware updated should be available for all Alta users, please try the recommendations described here on my post. About your question, you just need one dongle it has the capability to sync several trackers. 

Let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

I got my Fitbit about a week back, but opened the package just today. Tried charging it by connecting USB to laptop as well as USB to plug point on wall charger, but to no avail. The devices buzzes for a bit, the display is illuminated for a while, then goes off. Not sure what's happening. Downloaded the FitBit app and tried to sync the device by following the on-screen instructions, all the while being connected via USB to laptop, but even after entering the right 4-digit code multiple times, it says number doesn't match. What to do ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I charge my alta HR

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Paradox!  I never would have thought of pressing the button on the charger - didn't even realize it WAS a button!  Much appreciated.

Best Answer

Same here!  Would it be so hard to include some words and pictures in the instructions which come with the Alta HR?  I've now spent 30 minutes looking at help pages, plugging this thing in, going back and forth...Come on Fitbit people- be more user friendly with the instructions!!!!1

Best Answer

@AnshTheDJ wrote:

I got my Fitbit about a week back, but opened the package just today. Tried charging it by connecting USB to laptop as well as USB to plug point on wall charger, but to no avail. The devices buzzes for a bit, the display is illuminated for a while, then goes off. Not sure what's happening. Downloaded the FitBit app and tried to sync the device by following the on-screen instructions, all the while being connected via USB to laptop, but even after entering the right 4-digit code multiple times, it says number doesn't match. What to do ?

Is your Bluetooth on?

Which Fitbit do you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnshTheDJ wrote:

Ohhh i just thought to check the date!  I'm sure you've solved it within the last 5 months!  lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which fitbit do you think is the best

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. when i plug it into the charger, it alternates between a message saying "fitbit.com/setup" and the bar icon showing how much charge the device has. it will not connect to bluetooth or go past either of these screens. i've already tried the button trick and turning my blue tooth on and off and neither fixed the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is my alta already charged. i have it plugged into the back of the computer. I pushed the button 3 times within 8 seconds. Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got today,won't do anything. It's charged 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get Fitbit Alta to work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything still nothing works please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I turn the Fitbit Alta hr on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Won't turn on git fitbit com/set up 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I was having a similar issue as most have posted here. I found my problem, kinda silly, but maybe some are doing the same mistake. I was trying to set up the wrong model. Once I changed the set up to the proper model, everything worked fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, what did you learn after getting a new one? Mines doing the same thing (nothing).

Best Answer

When I went and exchanged my Alta for a new one, it worked fine.  I think the first one was defective because I did everything they suggest here to make it work, to no avail.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried different USB’s and I get nothing but a blank screen. It won’t sync up with my phone either. My husband ordered it on Amazon so I don’t even know where I can return it. Very frustrating... 

Best Answer

Could someone help me please. I have charges overnight. I can get the logo on the screen but then it immediately reads www.fitbit.com/setup and I can go no farther. There were NO instructions in the box 😦

Best Answer