Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Fitbit Alta for the first time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just purchased my Fitbit Alta and I am in the initial charging stage. How can you tell if it is actually charging? I accidentally hit the small button on the USB cable and now it's not showing a thing on the screen. The Fitbit logo was there now it's gone, ugh, something so small should not be this difficult to charge
Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

Mine will charge but when I try to tun it on it just says the name of the setup website .

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the response that I received from technical support.  Since my device found the Alta after power cycling both my device and then the Alta, I haven't tried these suggestions myself.

"Thanks for the update, glad to hear that you were able to address the syncing issue on your end! Should the issue recur, you may try going through these troubleshoots as well: help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US. We're just here if you have any questions"

Best Answer
0 Votes

This helps so much, thank you!

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Try restarting your Alta with the instructins here. They are also listed below.

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any USB power adapter.
  2. Insert the other end of the cable into the port on the back of your Fitbit Alta™. Your Alta will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 
  4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

brought fitbit alta hr today plunged it in to my computer and it starts to charge managed to get the code  on my phone but does not connect all it shows on the fitbit is the set up website grr

Best Answer

ought fitbit alta hr today plunged it in to my computer and it starts to charge managed to get the code  on my phone but does not connect all it shows on the fitbit is the set up website grr

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my computer programed,but I can't get the fitbit  to charge and turn on .  What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alta is charged, when its on the charger it works fine, once removed the screen doesnt come on.  How do I get the screen to come on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this however the logo comes on then another screen V 21:40:02 then nothing else.  Do you know what this code means?  

It works fine while it on the charger, take it off cant get the fitbit alta to turn on.  Anyone have any advise.

@Haileyg1 wrote:

This helps so much, thank you!

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Try restarting your Alta with the instructins here. They are also listed below.

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any USB power adapter.
  2. Insert the other end of the cable into the port on the back of your Fitbit Alta™. Your Alta will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 
  4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a fitbit Alta and all that is coming up on mine is fitbit.com/setup.  I've downloaded the app on the phone but not sure how to sync it with my fitbit.  I'm useless with technology.  Please somebody help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to tap on it pretty hard to get the time. Once you’ve done that, tap on it twice to get the other info. Not real happy with this process myself!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am trying to set up my fitbit alta, but can't move past the screen that says I need to update it.  Also, the fitbit screen doesn't stay on for very long once I manage to get it to display the date and time.

Best Answer

Welcome to everyone!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I can see a few topics mentioned here so I would like to cover as much as possible, please take a look  at the steps provided here to resolve any trouble with setup and make sure to check the compatible devices list if you're using the mobile app. If you're tracker is not properly charging you can take a look at the steps listed on this article

If by any chance you're still having trouble please let me know so I can give you the next steps! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes help me

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, I am experiencing the same difficulty as Cameron but I cant return my Alta, I bought it online from Qantas Club, so returning it is going to be immensely tiresome and inconvenient.  Do you have a fix for my problem?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@redshoeskt wrote:

Am trying to set up my fitbit alta, but can't move past the screen that says I need to update it.  Also, the fitbit screen doesn't stay on for very long once I manage to get it to display the date and time.

I solved the set up problem I reported on 04/19/2018 by clearing all the screens in the memory on my phone.  I now have the fitbit up and operating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not solved

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How to turn o n firbit alta hr

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to charge Fitbit- got a replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

After waiting 8 weeks and 16 emails, finally received another broken dead unusable watch. Worthless customer service, we want a full refund and to return this watch and be done with Fitbit. We bought the special edition gold Alta watch, what a waste of $$$.

We’re still working with customer service, but not sure what good that’s going to do for me.

this watch is garbage.

Best Answer
Minewon’t Connect so back to shop again tomorrow!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes