Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Alta track heart rate?

Does the Alta track your heart rate?

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity. 

Accepted Solution
18 REPLIES
No it does not.
Accepted Solution

Hey @Reese9411  it was a concious decision to keep an altimeter and heart rate monitor out of the Alta as it would increase the size and price of the tracker.

You can learn all about Fitbit Alta at the product manual, check it out! 

Thanks for your contribution @andymattmom!

See you around and welcome to the Community! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Accepted Solution

Day 1: I want my money back. I thought that the unit had a heart rate monitor. 

Accepted Solution

I'm disappointed too..Could have sworn I read in description that it DID track heart rate!?!?!?😕

Accepted Solution

Where was the description?

This question has been asked and answered on here since the pre-release announcement of the tracker so Fitbit have always been fairly clear on the topic. (Of course that doesn't apply to anyone else's website descriptions etc.)

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

It said it right on the box for me!

Accepted Solution

So how can Alta track your sleep if it doesn't measure your heart rate? How can it track any of the cardio activities it lists? I also just did 50 minutes of intense strength training and cardio that registered 0 high activity and burned 31 calories. So this product is a glorified pedometer?

Accepted Solution

I thought it did also, but re-reading description, it does not.  We should have paid closer attention to the description.

Accepted Solution

Me too, but it does not.

Accepted Solution

There are other fitness trackers the same size that do have heart rate monitors, as I have one. Looking to move to the Fitbit as my current tracker is no longer being manufactured. Would really like a comparable tracker at comperable size. (I have the wrist size of a child!)

Accepted Solution

I am in a similar position, my granddaughter bought me the Alta for my 80th birthday, two weeks ago, and she was told or thought, it had a heart rate monitor on it.I had a triple heart bypass a few years ago and this would have been very useful indeed! I love the device BUT. In USA there is 45 days to exchange, NOT in UK. I would feel bad selling it, say on e-bay, and buying the HR version. So it seems no way out, UNLESS!

Accepted Solution

I bought the Alta also and thought it monitored the HR, but realized too late that it did not.  There is a small (like Alta) Fitbit that does monitor it though.... the Alta HR.  Check it out.  I do fine w/o the heart rate, but if it is important for you to know it, check out the Alta HR. 

Accepted Solution

Thanks jjeneff! I just saw this on the website yesterday. The the Alta HR is the Fitbit for me. Buying one this weekend!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Lucky you ENJOY!

Accepted Solution

Wonderful!  I'm sure you will love it.  Be sure to sync it with your tablet or phone.  Enjoy!

Accepted Solution

Hi @Reese9411

The Alta does not track heart rate, but the new version of the Alta, the Alta HR, does track heart rate.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I totally agree. Walking is the least of my cardio work and nothing else logs as a workout

bkr222 wrote:

So how can Alta track your sleep if it doesn't measure your heart rate? How can it track any of the cardio activities it lists? I also just did 50 minutes of intense strength training and cardio that registered 0 high activity and burned 31 calories. So this product is a glorified pedometer?

bkr222 wrote:

Accepted Solution

The Alta HR tracks your heart rate, The Alta does not. Two different products.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes