Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesnt work unless attatched to charger.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wont sync, won't work unless on charger, then intermittently! This is getting to be long term. Done 2 upgrades, deleted app and reinstalled x2. Phone turned off on many occasions. Shows fully charged on FB yet battery level on app states medium. Left for over a week so battery would go flat and fully recharge, still showing battery as medium.

Is it possible that my fitbit has dementia?

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Welcome to the Forums @KateAldara, and @mollyfitz! I appreciate that you have shared your experience with your Alta and for the troubleshooting you have performed before posting here. 

@KateAldara I've created a Support case for you. Please, keep an eye at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Keep me posted if you have any other question.

@mollyfitz To further assist you can you please confirm that you have tried the suggestions on my previous post

I look forward for your reply! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue, if I plug it in to the charger I can occasionally see the clock but usually just the battery icon. I did a full restart of the Fitbit, disconnected from the app, deleted the app and reinstalled/setup and I got a minute of being able to click through the screens as usual but then following that I was back to only seeing the battery icon showing full charge when on the charger. There’s no response to tapping, flicking, nothing like that. Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue, my fitbit alta won't hold charge unless if I plug it in to the charger I can occasionally see the clock but usually just the battery icon. I did a full restart of the Fitbit. Goes dead again. There’s no response to tapping, flicking, nothing like that. Have to plug in to the charger and it shows it has half of battery still but why it doesn't work? I notice many have the same issue. I have my Alta since Dec 2016. Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LucyAP hi, I have tried all the suggestions but still it does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LucyAP I have tried all the suggestion but it still does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucy - Is that case a couple of years old? If so that is the last Alta that stopped working and I had to buy a new one. Should I create another case?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I recently got a Fitbit Alta and it charges and works fine whenever I'm connected to the charger but as soon as I take it out of the charger, it becomes unresponsive. Solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! I know this forum is about 3 years old, but I'm having the same problems as the original user. I've also cleaned the device, and my problem is still the same. Due to COVID, FitBit's Live Chat is currently down, and I'm not sure where else to go for help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jogger, the issue with my tracker was unable to be resolved and although
it was out of warranty Fitbit gave a replacement, same prob with
replacement. They then sent another replacement which I'm still wearing
without an issue after several years. I hope you have a satisfactory
resolution once these Covid restrictions are lifted.
Best Answer
0 Votes
By chance, who did you have to reach out to to get assistance? FitBit Live Chat is down so not sure what form of contact to use right now...

Megan Perez
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues! 

Best Answer
0 Votes