Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit band keeps falling off :-(

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I love my Alta but it falls off randomly, thankfully I have found it so far. I wear it everyday, any tips or suggestions? It's definitely clipped on securely.
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Even my fitbit band randomly falls off one time it fell off in my aunts car and I had to wait days to get it back. Thank god it was not a cab. What I did is I changed the band to the purple band since I had never used it before. I hope I get a solution before this one wears out!Smiley Surprised

@AdelaideArchie wrote:
I love my Alta but it falls off randomly, thankfully I have found it so far. I wear it everyday, any tips or suggestions? It's definitely clipped on securely.

Best Answer

@AdelaideArchie @Sahiba It's great to see you both in the Community and welcome! So sorry to hear that your Alta trackers fell off. I'd like you to take a look at this help article which has great tips that will help you to wear the Alta securely.

I'll be around if more questions arise my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine falls off too and the article they posted I've done everything and nothing stops it. Mine last fell off in my car as well. The band is now broken in so the holes I use regularly are more stretched out so its not as tight of a closure as when it was brand new. You no longer hear that tight snap you used to hear when it was brand new. I try and close it on different holes for now until I can get a new band but it's so uncomfortable to wear when it's to tight or to loose. Fitbit really needs to do something about this! Once the bands break in they stretch and the holes become to loose!
Best Answer

@LisC79 Thanks for joining us in this thread! Since your Alta tracker keeps falling off event though you have tried the tips shared in my post above, my best advice is to contact our Customer Support team so they can review your options and get this problem resolved.

I really appreciate your feedback since this helps us to improve our services and products.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also am having trouble with my Fitbit staying on. This morning it fell off my wrist and onto the concrete. Yhe sides of it are now dented. It falls off constantly throughout the day. I'm not sure what to do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to jump in and give my advice. I was worried this would happen to me once I started taking it on and off and the holes start to loosen. When I needed to remove my Alta I would un-clip it (like I was changing the band) and re clip back on my wrist.

I fear it would fall off so I'm going to make sure I change up the band and limit using the holes when taking on and off.

Good Luck!-

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought little fitbit clasps on ebay. $1.99 for 10. There's no way my Alta can fall off with one of these attached.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They make bitbelts ( Amazon, etsy, eBay) to help with securing. My flex would often come unclasp and these were helpful. But I've found the Alta to be pretty good and really didn't need it. I bought a aftermarket band that came with them and I just use it anyways
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to agree this is  a major design flaw and also why I basically threw away $130. I had my alta for LESS THAN A WEEK and it's already come off in a place I cannot find it. I've used many fitbit's in the past and love the product but the fact that they are unwilling to admit this band is flawed and offer a replacement is unbelievable. 

The most they would offer was a 25% discount which means I could have bought an Apple watch for as much money they have asked me to spend on a product that will likely do the same again.

Best Answer

Did you ever find a solution to your band falling off?  The holes on my band are now stretched out too and it is always falling off.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Loved my Fitbit Alta for the 3 weeks I had it. It kept falling off the last time I HAD I was on vacation. Seriously need to change the strap design 

Best Answer

The strap on the Alta is absolute crap.  I bought the Alta for my husband for Christmas and it has fallen apart where it joins onto the Fitbit several times.  Now it has fallen off and got lost forever.  He has gone through the processes of finding it but no luck.  We are so disappointed.  We will definitely be looking at other brands in future.    

Best Answer

My fit bit kept falling off and I wore it to workout and it actually fell off . I had an Alta and the more I wore it the more it fell off even after I checked online for tips.

Best Answer
Call and report it to Fitbit. When mine continued to fall off and my screen
was damaged they sent me a new one. I had to start taking it off from the
clasp by the screen instead of by the holes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Curious, did anyone lose their Alta away from familiar surroundings and how did FitBit help? Mine was just two months old and always kept coming off. Yesterday was the unlucky day where it came undone on a street. I went up and down for almost two hours with the Bluetooth on, but it was gone.

This, being after I lost my good old Flex in rush hour train traffic. The straps just come off!

Would be great if anyone can share their experience with how FitBit resolved a similar issue. Thanks!

- A distraught FitBit user

Best Answer

I'm believable. I am now on my third fit bit flex. I have purchased multiple packs of bands to no avail. I just set up a replacement yesterday, and again today it is lost. Customer service has been good in that they have replaced the fracker, but I'm about to give up  entirely on the flex. Any recommendations into which version of Fitbit can actually be worn like a Watch rather than those silly prongs that do not state clasped together??!!

Best Answer
If you call FitBit they will replace it. Mine did the same thing and they
replaced mine.
Best Answer

I lost mine and fitbit sent me another one when I wrote to them 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit came with this thingy, it secures both bands tightly so that when it opens, it doesn't fall off..
Maybe support can send you one of those.

IMG_5852.jpg

— ❝You don't get the butt you want by sitting on it.❞
Best Answer
0 Votes