Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart Alta without an original Alta charger (no restart button)?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read the instructions to restart my Alta however I don't have a button on the USB cable. Please could someone help? I don't know how else to reset it. Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

You should. At first I thought the same thing. Pull it out of the USB port and look at it. It is on one side of the cable.

I turned mine around in the USB port so I could see it.

It is hard to see at first

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have seen pics of where it should be but it just doesn't seem to be on mine. 

Best Answer

My cable doesn't have the button either! Do they all come with this as how do we reset if button not there?

Best Answer

Is there a Fitbit logo on the part that you attach to your Alta?

As that image on the one you have is not on mine and I wondering if its a third part charger?

If there is not logo its not a Fitbit Charger.

Where did you buy it?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wendy,

@WendyB wrote:

Is there a Fitbit logo on the part that you attach to your Alta?

As that image on the one you have is not on mine and I wondering if its a third part charger?

If there is not logo its not a Fitbit Charger.

Where did you buy it?

There is no Fitbit Logo on the charger, and my unit was bought new in New Zealand in full, legitimate fitbit packaging, probably the same as Kclwt. The power cable will be different for sale in New Zealand, Australia, UK etc because we all use 240V power systems.

However, I have the same problem as Kclwt: my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is no longer finding my fitbit. It worked earlier today, and now it is not working. If the answer is to do a reset of my fitbit, I can't!

Help would be appreciated... thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would suggest you contact Support and see what they say. Sounds weird!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

I pressed button it vibrated but didn't sync or change time.  Help??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @WendyB and @NellyG! Thanks for the update @Kclwt, @Champs and @Klinkehoffen! At the moment, to restart your Alta you charging cable needs to have the restart button.To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Welcome @mhauser! This sounds odd. Please make sure that you are restarting your Alta by following these steps. Also, try these syncing troubleshoot tips.

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI there, 

I have the same issue , I bought a Fitbit charge hr , however I can't sync it as it is not appearing on any device. I have tried my Mac and iPhone, my mrs iPhone as well. I thought I would reset it however there is no reset button on my cable at all , the upper bit that is connected to the Fitbit has the logo

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @schaudhry1980! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Charge HR. The method  to restart your tracker is different at the one for Alta. 

Please check the help article How do I restart my Fitbit device? to see the steps to restart your tracker. Also since your Fitbit device is new, double check that is properly setup. Follow the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device? for more information. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Alta 2 and have exact same issue, no button to reset, will sync on phone but not iPad.  Purchased on Amazon

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Puma53! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Alta. Please, double check your charger. The button is on the charger, please see the image below for reference.

altabutton.PNG

To restart your Alta, you can follow the process at the help article How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my wife has lost her original charging cable. Plug the replacement without the button in to a usb plug and simply unplug the cable from the plug and replace 3 times within 8 seconds and the Fitbit icon will show followed by the version and this will reset your Fitbit. Well it worked for us

Best Answer

@AndyB121

Just tried this and it worked for me! Thanks for sharing your tip!

Best Answer
@AndyB121 wrote:

Hi my wife has lost her original charging cable. Plug the replacement without the button in to a usb plug and simply unplug the cable from the plug and replace 3 times within 8 seconds and the Fitbit icon will show followed by the version and this will reset your Fitbit. Well it worked for us

This is the most helpful post i found today! thanks!!!! The plugging unplugging technique worked perfectly fine for me!

Best Answer

Thank you. I was able to restart my Alta using your directions. Still unable to connect by Bluetooth to my new iPhoneX. Guess that’s another issue. 

Best Answer

This is so helpful. Certainly sorted my problem thanks.

Best Answer

Hi there, 

I am having trouble resetting my fitbit Alta. It doesn't have the button that they refer to on these sites and I definitely bought this fitbit at one of their authorised retailers in Hong Kong. Any other hints on how to reset, just tried the plug unplug method that didn't work...

Much appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes