Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit Alta got wet.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta got wet in the shower, most of the community posts I have read said that they should be splash proof, sweat proof and water resistant. So a couple days ago I accidentally wore mine in the shower and I was stressing about it so I searched everything I could possible. I read one post that said it would be splash proof, sweat proof and water proof. I just want to know if there is anything wrong with it because the screen keeps on turning on. How can I fix it, is there anything I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

From their website:

All Fitbit trackers are water-resistant, which means they are rain-proof and splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. Do not swim or shower with your tracker unless noted below:

• The Fitbit Flex 2 is swim and shower proof. 
  • The Fitbit Alta is shower proof.

Whenever you get your tracker wet, dry it thoroughly before putting it back on.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Alta got wet in the shower. It says it is water proof but how come the screen keeps flashing on and off when I don't want it to or I don't mean for it to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@anniemareee It's great to have you aboard in the Community! The information that my friend @SogolS mentioned is totally correct. However, if your alta is behaving weird, my best advice is to restart your tracker as advised in Melissa's post. This will refresh your tracker internally and should correct this issue.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I accidentally washed my fitbit alta, I've put it in a bag with Silica Gel - how long should I leave it before restarting it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shelbe Thanks for joining us in this thread! I recommend putting your Alta in a bowl of dry rice for 24 hours. After this you can go ahead and restart your tracker. Please find the restart process in Melissa's post.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @JuanJoFitbit the silica gel worked......well it's working again after I restarted it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shelbe I'm so glad to hear that your Alta is working properly now. Thanks for letting me know!

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit alta somehow got water inside of the screen. I tried the restart process but the screen remains black. I did wear it in the shower but I thought it was supposed to be sweat and shower proof. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pniebling It's great to see you in this thread! Please put your Alta in a bowl of dry rice for 24 hours. Once you have done this, restart your tracker again 3 times and charge it for 3 hours. Finally, check out if your tracker gets back to life.

Regarding your inquiry about the water resistance of the Alta, please take a look at Annie's posts for more information.

I'll be around if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

SogolS, Altas are not shower proof. There have been lucky people who forget to take their Altas off and don't get any damage, but there are also people who get nothing but a malfunctioning fitbit. I advice EVERYONE to not wear their fitbits in the shower!

MCM
Best Answer

@pniebling is my proof.

MCM
Best Answer

I accidentally wore my Fitbit into the shower.  I followed your instructions and it is up and running again!  Thank you

Best Answer

@Bourgy64 I noticed that you just joined our Fitbit Community, welcome aboard! I'm so glad to hear that your Alta is working properly after following the instructions. Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@Emcee13 Thanks a lot for your input and your advice my friend!

See you later guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had to reset my Alta today and wanted to add a couple of things.  After you plug your charging cable's USB adapter in and attach it to your Fitbit so it's charging, find the little button on the charging cable's USB adapter. I pressed it three times slowly, as advised.  This did not  bring up the Fitbit logo or clear up my blurry, jumpy display.  I actually had to press several times, and even held the button for a second or two until I got the logo.  Once you have that logo, you should be good to go.  The logo is what to look for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine, too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine, too.  And, the restart button won’t work to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is probably an anomaly but yesterday I swam with my Fitbit Alta for 30 minutes.  I panicked and got out f the water when I realized it was still on.  The funny thing is it never stopped working.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I recently ducked my hand in a tank of salt water. I've tried all the tips here but my AltaHR is on but a week delayed on the time and date! 

Is my poor Fitbit lost without a cause?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my fit bit wet in pool yest had been in about 10 mins when realised! It was working when I took off but later stopped working

i reset it logo came up but it’s been off since & resetting won’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes