Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I just received my Alta after pre-ordering.  I am currently in the process of setting it up using the android app.  Right now it is not seeing it while my bluetooth is on.  The first screen says Power Up, and it is searching for it but does not find it.  After that, the Not Working? screen comes up, and you have the option to try again.  After selecting try again, It then says Bluetooh Issues.  This is where you can restart Bluetooth, which I've done multiple times already.  I know my bluetooth works on my phone because I have it setup to work with my headphones with no problems.  I have it securely connected to the USB pin connecter which is then connected to my PC.  It is charging so I know there is connectivity.  I've restarted my phone a few times, but to no avail.  I never had any problem connecting with my HR.  Has anyone else experienced this with the Alta, does anyone know of anything that I could do to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
I was finally able to get mine set up using my PC and the dongle. It's showing in my dashboard but it looks like maybe the Fitbit server is extremely busy as I tried to update the software and it won't connect.

If you can I would suggest doing it on a PC, and hopefully it will work for everyone.

Good luck!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

I was having a hard time setting up my new Alta. I restarted it and that did the trick. I was able to set it up successfully.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
237 REPLIES 237

Hi there,

I am having the same issues as the user that started this forum. I have been trying since last evening to get my new Alta set up but no matter what I do it does not get past the 'We found your tracker' screen. It just keeps stating that it is connecting, but gets no further. I have also had the issue also where it states that the problem is with my Bluetooth so I tried restarting that and my phone many times, but to no avail.

Can someone please help Smiley Sad

Best Answer

I do not have one, but are you replacing an existing fitbit? I know that when I tried to pair my new Charge HR near my sister when she was wearing hers, it wouldn't pair. I had to wait until she went home 🙂

That's my only tip for you.

How do you like the look and fit of the device?

Good luck!

Best Answer

@yamswool@ashleighs I recommend attempting a restart of the Alta and then giving these set up instructions a try. Keep me posted please.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I'm also having issues. I've tried everything to get the Alta to power on. I called customer service and after a 15 minute wait I explained what was happening and then was placed on hold for another 10 min. Finally, the representative came back on and said "Our Alta department is very busy, can you please call back in a few hours?". Seriously?  That might be the worst customer service I've ever experienced.  Has anyone resolved this issue since apparently customer service is not equipped to handle this?

Update:  After I sent this I decided to try this with the dongle and a laptop, and that worked.

Best Answer
I was finally able to get mine set up using my PC and the dongle. It's showing in my dashboard but it looks like maybe the Fitbit server is extremely busy as I tried to update the software and it won't connect.

If you can I would suggest doing it on a PC, and hopefully it will work for everyone.

Good luck!
Best Answer
@ashleighs glad you got the Alta setup. It should be Radu to sync on the phone worth no additional work. If it doesnt work i wpuld restart the phones BT, or a compute restart of the phone.
Yes i understand the headphones connect, but they use standard BT and the Blaze yses BTLE
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.  I am having the same issue syncing the Alta with my Android phone.  I am transferring from a Flex to Alta and my Flex chart still shows on my Android phone..Samsung 5 , how ever it is not showing any steps etc.  No new activity shows up.  I tap the Alta and I don't see any activities to track ie text messages etc.  Help!!!  I have trying to get this to sync all afternoon.   Help

twin

Best Answer
I am starting to get concerned that the Alta I received is defective. I cannot get it to sync on my Android phone at all, so I decided to give it a try on my iPad and it still will not sync. I've tried every suggestion given to me, from restarting the phone to turning the Bluetooth on and off a million times and nothing is working. I am starting to get very frustrated and I am debating returning the band and going back to my Charge since it actually worked. I've sent Fitbit an email and have yet to receive a response. Wish someone would help.
Best Answer

The best i can give is to restart the tracker,  tien the phone completly off, then on.  Amd let us know of any error messages.  Workout these we can only guess.

As for CS the auto response, Gave a time frame with about how long of a wait it will be. 

Best Answer

i did the steps to restart, i didnt see logo, just firbit.com/setup message.... and either on my mac or i phone6, cant do anything beyond 'found your tracker"

😞

Best Answer

Once the tablet is found,  the app should let you proceed,  and put a code both on the tracker and the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had trouble setting mine up on the iphone.  I deleted the fitbit app and reinstalled it.  Once I had the app opened I had my fitbit plugged into the computer and did a reset on it.  After that it finally worked.  Been fooling around for over an hour trying to get it to work. 

Best Answer

I'm having issues syncing, as well, except my Bluetooth says there are connections available.  When I go to my Settings screen, though, it doesn't show the available connections.  Weird.  I thought there was something wrong with my phone or my Fitbit.  This makes me feel better, though.  This may be a dumb question, but will it sync automatically to my app?  Has anyone figured out how to sync it to the phone yet?

Best Answer
Once I got it setup and did the software update, it allowed me to set it up to sync automatically.  And it works great every since then. 
Thank you,
Carol Mirek

Best Answer
0 Votes

issue i can’t get beyond entering the number on tracker’s display 😞

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

What I did that finally worked for me.

Delete fitbit app on phone, reboot phone.

Reinstall fitbit app on phone

Open fitbit app, and get to the screen to add new tracker.  Stop before it starts to search

Plug tracker into computer, reset it (hit button on the cord 3 times in less then 8 seconds)  This factory resets the tracker.

Make sure the tracker is on, then begin the search for the tracker on the phone.  This should hopefully work

Best Answer
It looks like I had some interference with my wireless keyboard and mouse, but I called Customer Support.  Not only was the gentleman helpful, he didn't rush me, and called me minutes later to make sure it was all okay.  I'm already happy with my new purchase.  (This is my first FitBit.)
Best Answer

I just got off with customer service. You need to go to fitbit.com/setup. if you have a PC (even if it is windows 10) you need to press the PC option and download.  Install it and it will go to an "updating dongle" screen at which time you need to reset your fitbit by plugging it into your computer and pressing the button 3x within 8 seconds. It will reset and show the fitbit diamond on your fitbit. After the software on your computer is finished updating the dongle it will allow you to sign in or create a new account. After this you can search for your fitbit and it will find it, connect, and ask for the four digit code on the front. You should be good to go from here.

Best Answer
I had the same problem, my Galaxy S6 could not locate the Alta. Bluetooth was working, as I was able to deactivate and reactivate my Flex with it no problem. Was able to set up the Alta with my laptop and dongle and now it shows up on my phone and seems to be syncing fine.
Best Answer