Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264

The Fitbit logo never appeared on my screen, after I pushed the button 3 times.

Best Answer

What button?  I don't see any button on my charging cable to push.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

Reset my Alta the 3 times like you suggested.  All that did was drain the battery.

Should my steps now be tracking properly?  it's a new replacement, as of 4 days ago. It hasn't tracked my steps properly since I got it. 

suggestiongs?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! If the restart didn't work I recommend you contacting support for further assistance.

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer
Will I loose my steps?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@vrkacz You may lose steps if your Alta has picked up activity and not successfully synced. I recommend confirming that you've synced your recent activity before restarting the Alta.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I don't think the restart worked. I still don't have a display although I
am showing steps on my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@vrkacz if restart didn't work as suggested, I'd strongly recommend getting in touch with support.

Best Answer

2 weeks ago my Alta Fitbit died.  I attempted to restart it using the steps I saw here but I'm not getting the Fitbit logo to appear. In order to restart my Alta I pressed the button on my charging cable three times within eight seconds, but nothing happened.  I bought my fitbit  from Delawere/Newark but I am living in Turkey and there is no chose to change it here. What can I do? I will be appreciate for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @bsalgin in that case you should better contact Fitbit support and if they determine they'll send you a replacement they will ship it all the way to Turkey at their expenses.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

Pressing the reset button worked to reset the time! I was ready to give up. My new Fitbit still will not synch

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am traveling for the weekend and my Alta won't sync. Is there a way to restart or fix it, without the charger?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit community @AG-65 @Snowfolk

@AG-65 It's a shame to hear that you still experiencing syncing issues, I recommend following the Syncing troubleshoot for iOS devices

@Snowfolk In order to perform the restart you will need the charging cable it's not possible to do it without it. In the meantime try these other Syncing troubleshoot for Android app

Let me know how it goes I'll be around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
I have tried restarting my alta 3 times. I have uninstalled and re-installed the fitbit app. I have turned bluetooth on and off numerous times. I have turned my phone off, then restarted my fitbit, and turned my phone back on....NONE OF IT HAS WORKED. It tries syncing but cant. Some times I get the "tracker not found" message...again none of it has worked and I have not been able to sync for over a week. My alta is also not syncing to my laptop. Any other suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Snowfolk! It's a same to hear that you still unable to sync, let me help you out. Try setting up your tracker as a new device check out this post that @Odyssey13. If you still unable to sync contact the Support Team and let them know if you've tried all the troubleshooting steps required, they'll be more than glad to assist you. 

Let me know how it goes! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
The link you provided for "check out this post: is not a good link. When I clicked it, I got this message:
Sorry, you don't have permission to access this page. Please click hereto return to the Fitbit Community.Return to my original page
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Snowfolk Thanks for replying back! Sorry for the misunderstanding try checking this post that @Odyssey13 shared or check out the instructions below:

1. On the Fitbit app for Android dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
  4. If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

Hi there,

tried your time setting help three different times, and still can't change the time.  Getting a wee bit frustrated, any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to Community @beerkab! Let me help you out with your Alta, maybe the issue is that is not syncing, if so follow the tips below: 

1. Prompt Fitbit Connect to sync with your tracker:
  2. Click the Fitbit Connect icon and click Open Main Menu.
  3. With your charged tracker nearby, click Sync Now.
  4. You may be asked to sign in to your Fitbit account, after which your tracker should sync.

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
I have a generic cable. Dog ate original. Now what can I do??
Best Answer
0 Votes