Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264

Hey there @Vicki1967! Are you experiencing any type of inconveniences with your Alta? 

In regards of the charging cable I recommend getting an original one at the online store

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
Thank you thos was very helpful!
Best Answer
The problem has been taken care of. Thank you.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @BeautyT @beebeed! It's great to hear that you're back on track. Robot Happy Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Let me know how it goes! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Tried the restart and nothing happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for keeping us posed @gatorbettyMan Wink

My best recommendation for this case is to contact our Customer Support team. they will gladly look further into this and provide further assistance. See you around! Robot Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer
I tried all this. The alarm still will not respond to tapping until after it finishes all of its buzzes and prompts me to double tap. I used to be able to stop it after the first buzz.
Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm having an almost identical problem and am in process of sending for a new Alta charger at Ebay. Can't find the little button that is described here.  My Alta, one day, just decided to not turn on any more. Followed directions here...to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cards86Fan @sunlitwindws It's great to see you in the Community! I would like to follow up and help you with the issues you are experiencing with your Alta trackers. I would like to know what were the troubleshooting steps you tried. This info will help me to assist you accordingly and provide a better solution.

Looking forward to your response my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
I tried a reset that involved connecting to the charger, pushing the button 3times in 8 seconds, disconnecting, the reconnecting for a full charge. It still doesn't shut off until it prompts me to tap twice. I must suffer the intermittent buzzing and vibration until the prompt, no longer being able shut it off as soon as it sounds/vibrates. If I didn't need the reminder, I would just disarm it permanently to avoid the frustration. Honestly, I'm looking at changing to Garmin Vivoactive HR. Humana won't credit my account for heart rate workouts with the Charge HR, and I've not been pleased with the Alta, despite its nice sleek design. I miss the button and I need the capability to count a 30-minute high HR workout toward my Vitality points.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for providing us with this information @Cards86Fan

In this case, my best recommendation is to contact our Customer Support team, and they will gladly assist you further. As a friendly tip, please keep in mind our Return and Warranty Policies.

Also, I would like to thank you for your feedback in regards the Alta. We always strive to improve our products and services, so this is very important for us! Smiley Very Happy

Let me know if you have any questions in the meanwhile! I'll be around. Robot Very Happy

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

Hi! Quick question, Why des my Alta only stays "on" for a few hours then shuts down till I reset it with the magic charge cord button? It typically won't last a normal day at work which is 8 hours, after about 4 hours it becomes just a nice bracelet. I've restarted it at least once a day since I bought about a month ago. Feeling like it was a waste of money and inspiration. Yes, I've fully charged it and it still blanks out on me like a tequila filled night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @GAApple! This is not a normal behavior at all, I totally understand your frustration and the hard time that this might caused you. I recommend updating the firmware check out this great post that my friend @ErickFitbit shared and keep an eye on it. 

Keep me posted 

Best Answer

I have the very same problem now. I have charged for maybe 3 hours and tapped the screen pushed that funny button and still....nothing! It's the real thing and I knoe it's not fake so why isn't it working? I have taken the plastic off the back and made sure everything is ready. I have read through everyone's posts and I think their is something faulty with how the company that makes them. It was a christmas present and now it doesn't work. I'm quite disappointed and was really excited to use this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for joinging us @QuinnEventing1! I'll help you out with this. 😉 Heart 

In this case, my best recommendation is to try out the restart 2-3 more times. It has worked out for me! To restart your tracker, please plug it to a computer with the charging cable, and press the button of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds, waiting 1 second per press. After the last press, wait a few seconds and you will see the Fitbit logo for showing it's restarting.

Also, as a friendly reminder, please make sure that the contacts of the charging cable make proper contact with the contacts of your Alta. 

If you keep having issues after trying this. I'd recommend contacting our Customer Support team, and they will gladly assist you further. 

I'll be around in case you need anything else! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

Just opened my fitbit alta.  Connected the charger to the fitbit and to a usb in the computer.  I tried resetting it by clicking the button on the end of the cord 3 times but it did not buzz and no lights come on the fitbit indicating it is charging.  What do I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @CristinaMC

Let me help you out with your Alta. Since you have already tried the restart I recommend fully charging your tracker and then try to set it up again. Check out the charging best practices and you can also check out the video  below in order to make sure to charge it correctly.

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
Its an awesome tracker when it works.  Vibrates when you need to move, when you need to wake up, tracks your steps, sleep and does everything but washes your dishes for you.  Perhaps that is the problem?  Too much creates a shut down?  Anyway I had the same problem and could not get it to start either.  When all else failed the company was kind enough to replace it.  And please know this was not immediate.  I had to go through several people, for several hours, showing I had tried all possibilities.  They returned to me the tracker itself,  which I hooked up to my previous wrist band. 
 Ann Marie O'DellIntuitive Life Coach, Author, Radio

- The Calling of Light
- Achieve Radio
- Ann's ETSY shop
- My Best Psychics Directory

- Leave a Feedback
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing your experience and provide us with your feedback @sunlitwindws! This is very important for the improvement of our products and services, so I'll make sure to pass it along! 

The tracker is designed to handle all its features without giving up on you, so I'll also let our team know about this so they can check what is happening. 

By the way, we have a Discussion Board available, where other users share their experiences and their tips for staying healthy. Go check it out!

See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

All I get on my fitbit is - Fitbit.com/setup 

How do I get it to show anything - it all registers on my phone and my computer but so far this alta has been totally useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes