Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264

Hi there @carlakay1954! Glad to see you have stopped by! Woman Very Happy

In this case, first, please make sure to fully charge your tracker before setting up, as that can ensure the connection between the tracker and your account. If the battery level doesn't show in your Alta when you plug it to your computer with the charging cable, just leave it charging for 2 hours, to make sure it charges. After you charge it, you can proceed and set up your tracker

If you have any issues, you can follow the troubleshooting tips my friend @HelenaFitbit provides in her post. 

Keep me posted if you need anything else! Smiley Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

I do not have a button on my cable. That connects to the compter and Alta.

Moderator edit; format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have had mine plugged up and it won't work. it works on the charger but when i take it off it says looking...

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine won't work unless it's on the charger 

Best Answer
0 Votes
i FOUND
Ruth
-Sent from my computer
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mezzo I'm glad to hear that you found the button! Now, I would like to know if you were able to get your Alta back to life.

@kaitlyn8mcbride Thanks for participating in this thread and the Community! I would like to know if you have tried restarting your Alta. If not, please follow Melissa's post since this troubleshooting will get your tracker refreshed internally. Once this has been done, charge your tracker and see if it works when you take it off the charger.

Catch ya later my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My first bit completely died went to charge and it will not display the screen at all. Only thing is I can't reset it because I don't have the original charger it broke , so I ordered one off amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an exclamation mark it then goes to moving dotted line but still won't turn on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the community @Ffili @Elaine02

@Ffili I recommend contacting the Support Team so they can review your options, they'll be more than glad to assist you. 

@Elaine02 Try fully charging your tracker, if is not charging correctly check out the charging best practices. Then try doing the restart 2 or 3 times in a row and keep an eye on it. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
I linked the Fitbit to my daughters and it seems to have come alive again. Than you for your advice

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Elaine02 You're more than welcome, I'm happy to hear that you're back on track. Robot Very Happy

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for the picture of the location of the button. I had been unable to find it until now. Black on black is not exactly highly visible, especially when the button is level with its surroundings!

Best Answer

@UNTBJH You're more than welcome! 🙂  I agree with you the button is not that visible, let me know if you need further assist you. 

See you around! 

Best Answer

I done this when my Alta was near full charge,however, when the logo and the v128...... came up I disconnected the charging cable and the battery was dead?? Is that meant to happen or not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jselw8 Thanks for joining us in this thread and the Community! Regarding your question, that's an odd behavior that your Alta is experiencing. I would like to know if you have tried restarting your Alta as described in Mellisa's post. Please do this 3 consecutive times. If you have done so already, please get in touch with our Support team and they'll be happy to investigate further and get you back on track.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea ive done it three times, I think it's okay though because I charged it back up and it works fine no problems at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Jselw8! It's great to hear that you're back on track. Robot Very Happy

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Best Answer

I had this problem and followed your instructions but it didn't work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new faces around @Kittykat8904!

It's a shame to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. If you have already tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned before and the issue persists, my best advise is to contact the Support Team so they can review your device history, they'll be more than glad to get you back on track. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

I followed your reset instructions and now the only thing the alta displays is the battery with an exclamation mark in it. HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes