Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264

Thanks for stopping by @Maryrca !

If you have already tried doing the restart several times and the charging best practices as well, my best advise is to contact the Support Team an in order to expedite things let them know the steps you've tried so far. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Did the button thing and Alta still remains black. Nothing !!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having an issue finding the"button" on my charging cable..... am I going crazy ?? Where is the button?!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Boots0123 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I would like to know if you also tried cleaning the contacts of your Alta and charging cable with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. Once this has been done, please restart your tracker one more time.

@KateD91 It's great to have you aboard in the Community! The button is located close to the USB part of the charger. Is your charger original from Fitbit or is it a generic charger?

Catch ya later my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

is this 

Press once (wait 8 seconds) Press once (wait 8 seconds) Press once  (and voila ?)

or
Press once (wait 2 seconds) press once (wait 2 more seconds) press once ( and done ?)
OR
Press 3 times during  8 seconds ? 

which none of above work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

do you have visual for this ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a replacement it come today as ALTA (it was charge before) anyway

during update it stick now I have  circle and exclamation mark in it ( thanks to unclear and reset information I can't reset) any solution ? 

Ok I contact support they replacing my peble only because of intresting exclamation mark on screen 
for those who prep help documents they might add this information to help section 

Screenshot_5.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi folks, I am a member of this group but, it is not my comment that the tracker "will not turn on". Thank you for the cessation of piggybacking to me with your comments. Happy walking/running!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant restar my fitbit. I did what you ask but i dont see the logo after the frist button press

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I was wondering what to do when I plug my fitbit in I try the restarting thing after it shows the fitbit logo it goes straight to the battery with an exclamation point inside of it what do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to do what you told me multiple times and my Fitbit still didn't wake up. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please contact support either phone or a webchat they will help you if they
can.
Best Answer

THANK YOU THANK YOU! i upgraded to a Alta and have been trying for 4 hours and in tears with frustration. I reset the app, deleted the app, turned off bluetooth, deleted the fitbit from the account. turned phone off and on. double tapped and deleted. Finally i reset the fitbit itself by pressing the reset button 4x on my charging cable.The alta screen went back to the fitbit logo, I went through all the setup process again and had it all sorted in a few minutes. Thank you so much for your help

Best Answer

This morning I put me Alta to charge before work, when i put it back on before leaving the house, it wouldn't come on. Could I follow these steps or is something else I should be doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went on a trip to a different time zone, and when I returned home the time zone did not change.  It is one hour too fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is still one hour ahead of pacific time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed the suggested directions; plugging it into the computer, pressing the button on the charger, seeing the logo, and then unplugging, but it then shows the numbers and goes back to the exclamation point in the battery. I've left in plugged in to charge for some time, but I can't see if it is making any charging progress because of the exclamation point in the battery.

What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done this also, but don't get a logo at all. I am fully charged, but goes to black screen...then eventually just scrolling www.fitbit.com/setup again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no button on changing cable

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta never buzzes when I plug it in. it has been charging but now it is not working. I can't restart it either. Also my calories lost count is messed up. SO MANY PROBLUMS!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes