Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264

Is there any way that the charter could be harmed? I have tried different USB ports and tired restarting my Alta but it still doesn't buzz or charge. 😞 Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help...did what you suggested and my Alta is now charging!

Best Answer
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad
Docpat
Best Answer

Who did you reply to????

Best Answer
0 Votes
Docpat (recovery runner)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my fitbit alta from amazon. I did everything it said in the setup. Plugged it in and I got nothing. I have left it for about 3 hours now and nothing. I have also tried the reset multiple times. Very Frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the reset several times and nothing. Still the wrong date wrong time and wrong steps. What's next?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Success. Thanks for the help.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Bought a Fitbit Alta for my girl friend in January.  For over a month now it will not start, it wont hold a charge and it wont track.  "This Dog wont Hunt"

Tried resetting it many many times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't work. What else can I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, a ! mark display after overnight charge in port of computor. I have pressed the button 3 times as directed no difference, still no charge showing, if I didn't leave enough seconds between presses - have I turned the alto off now? how often can I try the 3 presses?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Alta quit tracking on app. I uninstalled and reinstalled. then signed back in. No luck. I would follow your instructions but my fitbit does not have any buttons to press.Thank-you so much

Best Answer
0 Votes
With the Alta t here is a button (hard to see) on the part you use to charge it up....look closely...it's black like the rest of it....

Sent from my iPad
Docpat
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much, found the button and it now works. I kept looking on the
right and left side ends, like the person said. when it was actually on the
flat side.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not get my Fitbit Alta to reset at all. I have followed your steps above but it won't reset my Alta is displaying an incorrect time. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the button on my charging cord, I don't see one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
On the flat part....it kind of blends in....

Sent from my iPad
Docpat
Best Answer

I facing same problem with my surge as I unplugg it completely goes off

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, My Alta fitbit screen has gone dead. I have used other chargers to check if it works - I don't get anything after fitbit logo and v.213812. I don't know if it is charging though my app (on iPhone) shows that it is fully charged. The app also keeps 'looking' for the device but cannot synchronise. I have tried to reset it but even though I get the fitbit logo after 8 seconds, the minute I unplug the device from the charger, the screen goes dead again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is this "button on your charging cable" ????

Best Answer
0 Votes