Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different distances for the same run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App screenshotApp screenshot

Website account screenshotWebsite account screenshot

Hi I hope someone can help. There are two different distances showing for the same run..one one the map and one on the summary. This is on both the website and the app. What am I doing wrong? Thanks x

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @Tonya8102

Thank you very much for sharing these screenshots with us to show the difference.

I'd like to ask some questions to better understand what could be happening:

• What Fitbit are you using?
  • Is this happening for all runs or only this one?
  • If it is happening with others, when did it start happening?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'm using a Fitbit charge3

This happens for all runs ( and walks ) and has done since I first got my Fitbit in Oct. 

Thanks

Tonya

Best Answer

Hello @Tonya8102.

Thanks for bringing this up. 

There is a chance that it could have to do with the data stored in the servers. I'd like to recommend that you try to log out of your account from both ends, the website and the app, and then log back in. That will force all data to be downloaded and could correct the situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

Sorry no that hasn't worked. Please see screen shot taken just a minute ago still showing different distances

Thanks

TonyaScreenshot_20181128-000407.png

Best Answer

Hello @Tonya8102.

Thanks for trying what I suggested.

I will be sharing these details with the rest of our team. Please do know that they are aware of the situation and it is being looked into. As soon as we have any news on the matter we'll be sure to elt everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have two different distances for the same run, on the summary it shows 8.02km but when I actually tap and go into it I get 8.12km?

8.02km8.02km8.12km8.12km

Best Answer

Same issues on both my runs.

20191124_133103.jpg

Screenshot_20191124-133005_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Capture+_2020-02-20-23-15-23.png

See the difference between the marker and run info. This is a consistent difference of around .1 miles on 5 of 6 runs. I'm fed up. How is this even possible? It's like it's using different data sets for the same run for different components.

Using an Ionic.

Best Answer

I also have this issue

Best Answer

I have the same problem. My runs are under measured by 10 to 15%. Why has this bug not been fixed? The watch is pretty worthless if it cannot measure runs correctly.

I always ensure the watch is connected to my phone. 

Best Answer

I also have this same issue and get it consistently. Also on the Charge 3.

- I start the exercise tracking on my phone

- The distance on screen during my exercise ends up being the higher number. For example, tonight I stopped tracking at exactly 10km but when looking in the app, the distance on the summary at the top is 9.99km while the map says 9.13km. If you take the duration and devide it my the per km pace, it works out at 9.13km

Any update from Fitbit on this? Its very frustrating as I end up doing less distance than I want to

Best Answer

Looks like the only solution is to buy a more accurate tracker like Samsung. Its unfortunate as I have used fit bit for some time now.

Best Answer

Has this issue ever been resolved. I'm having the same problem everytime I run

Best Answer

I'm afraid not. I sent a lot of time going back and forth with their support team and trying various things. In the end they said:

"Thanks for making another test activity and for your feedback. We appreciate for letting us know about the distance on GPS connected exercise tracking is inaccurate. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime."

This was on the 2nd of May, and I asked for an update on the 12th and got this

"Hello Martin, thanks for getting back. Fitbit team is currently working on a solution. While we don’t have the exact time frame as to when this would be fixed. We appreciate your patience. Let us know if you need anything else."

Nothing since. I now use the Nike Run Club app as it, and Runkeeper are consistently accurate

Best Answer

I also moved on from my Ionic and Fitbit to a COROS... got fed up with poor GPS performance.

Best Answer
Apparently this has been going on for quite some time, with no remedy to
the issue.. I've given up and purchased a Garmin watch. 2 months later, I'm
grateful I've made the switch!
Best Answer

Same issue, first run on the Pixel Watch this morning, it all looked pretty normal while running but right after saving, the data sent to Strava shows a different value and on the Fitbit web app I get two distances one of the Activity List and another one when you view the activity details .....

Best Answer