Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app is showing the wrong active minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Different numbers of active minutes is shown on the dashboard than in the detailed graph in the app. Very frustrating!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mtv100 @cemolly @ckairinc @Pineygirl @j0f0st3r @RobsDaughter @MathTeacher @Rvander I recommend confirming that you have updated to the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.24 and letting me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

I agree... it's very annoying.  Have you found a fix for it?

Best Answer

Issue: Active Minutes shown in Detail Page < All other locations.

Bug Severity: Low (does not appear to be a data issue - just a display one) 

This is something that just started cropping up after the latest Android app update (2.20.1 RC1).

While active minutes do seem to be tracking - there is an issue with the details display page showing a different number and incomplete "bars".

Example (today):

Active Minutes in Browser Dashboard (76) and App Dashboard (76) match.

dashboard.jpg mobile-dashboard.png

Active Minutes in App Active Minutes Summary (76) and App Active Minutes Daily (76) match.

active-min-summary.png active-min-day.png

However, the Active Minutes Detail page only shows 41 minutes. This is after fully syncing, and rebooting the phone.

active-min-detail.png

The error is repeatable - Tuesday ended out with 148 Active minutes, but the detail page shows 107.

Screenshot_2016-03-11-13-43-45.png

Even going back to pre-update days the same discrepancy occurs.

Best Answer
I have the exact same problem. I noticed crazy high active minutes this week, and when I checked the detail page they were correct on that...

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Best Answer

I have a similar issue, the information shown for an activity is different in the summary view to the detailed view when viewing it onine. I think it is a display issue and isn't every time.
However when i then view it on the mobile app it is completely wrong in the detailed view. I have only noticed this since the upgrade. It is really frustrating. I'm on the ios version

Best Answer
0 Votes
Since the upgrade, whenever I sync with the App I lose active minutes. If my fitbit shows 63 minutes the dashboard sycs and takes at least half of it away in the app and on the fitbit. Really stating to bother me. I like everything to turn green to reinforce I met my goals 😞 App won't let me meet my goals 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
My activity minutes are showing up on the dashboard, and when I go into it. But when I go into each day to see when those minutes were logged, the data on the bar graph is not consistent with the total minutes. For example, today it says I had 26 minutes of activity, but the bar graph shows none (no bars, and says no measurements). For Sunday it said I had 8 minutes, but the bar graph only showed 2.
Best Answer

Hello @MathTeacher, and welcome aboard to our community! It sounds like some sort of delay to load your information on your app. Try with the following suggestion: Log out from your account and restart your phone. Once you have started your phone again log back in and try again.

Hope this get you graph correctly. Keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same issue. In the app on my dashboard it says that I had 69 active minutes, and the bar graph shows only 41. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't fix the discrepancy between the two numbers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mtv100 @cemolly @ckairinc @Pineygirl @j0f0st3r @RobsDaughter @MathTeacher @Rvander I recommend confirming that you have updated to the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.24 and letting me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine seems to have corrected itself. Last time I updated the app, everything went wonky. I'm not updating again unless, it stops working. That's my motto with most apps 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

Upgrading did not work for me.  (Apple). Logging out turning off and on and relogging in does not work.  No matter what, the detailed chart shows no measurements even when the summary shows active minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not fix the issue for me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lado   You added on to an older thread in the Android forum and wrote that you use an iPhone.  You mentioned no measurements.  This is (was) an iOS app bug.  iOS app version 3.71 fixed mine.  You can go to the App Store and update your app.  Like I wrote, mine is fixed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks!  It has been like this for a couple months and I could have sworn I was upgraded to the most recent fitbit app version.  I went out to the App store and did find a newer version (3.71) and it works now!!

Best Answer