Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust weight/height to achieve known BMR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit's bmr calc is way off for those outside of a normal type. Considering my size and weight, fitbit thinks I should have 3000+ Cal bmr, when in fact my bmr is closer to 1900. Anyone have recommendations of a size/weight combo I can enter to drop my bmr closer to that 1900 mark? I'll be experimenting with that soon and will update my findings here.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Blcksnds, welcome to our community. Your BMR is the rate at which you burn calories as a result of maintaining vital body functions. These functions include breathing and heartbeat and brain activity, among others. Your BMR usually accounts for at least half of the calories you burn in a day. Note this is automatically calculated with this information although I do not recommend to change your demographic information since this data is also used to measure other stats. The calorie burn estimate that Fitbit provides takes into account your BMR, the activity recorded by your tracker, and any activities you log manually. YOu can use this BMR calculator to review how much should it be your estimation: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/#result

Hope this helps and see ya around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes