Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afib notifications set up and history greyed out

ANSWERED

I can't setup irregular heartbeat notification on my charge 6. I'm in the U.S. when I hit the setup button it goes to a gray screen and locks up. I have to restart the app to use anything, and every time I try setup it does the same thing. I've shut down app, force stopped it and cleaned cache. Stopped and restarted the Fitbit, and nothing has helped. I'm very frustrated as this was the main reason I bought the device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238

Rebooted phone? 

• To shut an app on android, you must do it through the phones Settings > Apps
  • Tried Clearing the Fitbit app data? 
  • Removed the Fitbit app and re-installed? 
  • Without knowing the phone operating system. I don't know if I can help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From the Irregular rhythm notifications tile in the new App connected with a Gmail account, submitting the Setup button results in a endless white screen.

• Remark: same applies for trying to customize the clock face.

Back to the irregular rhythm setup. Yes, the country (Belgium) is enabled to activate this function. And yes, the ECG works fine, successfully tested. Finally, latest version of FB App and device firmware. All required permissions are enabled. All settings regarding data and battery management are open in favour of the App.

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity

Best Answer

Hello, @FS64 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for informing me about this situation with the Irregular Rhythm notifications on your Sense. I understand how helpful this feature is and how important this may be for you.

I recommend you to check this article, specifically the part 'How do I turn off irregular rhythm notifications?' and follow the instructions. Also, try to turn these notifications off and back on, and restart your Sense next time you set them up.

Thanks for your efforts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reaching out and suggest a solution.
Attached, the pictures show a self explained scenario showing that at the
"setup" point, the App fails to let the setup be finalized.

As a result, the App freezes at the moment the "Setup" button is activated
with the objective to setup the irregular heartbeat
measurement/notifications.
A white screen without any functionality to proceed is the only output. And
the go back button fails to go back to the previous page. The only thing
left to do is closing the App, and restarting it again.

Conclusion: the setup button does not initiate the setup.

Thanks for trying to find the cause and it's solution.

Regards.

FS64

Best Answer

After the last app update I am no no longer able to see my irregular heart rhythm data or previous history. I have received new notices but when I go to the health metrics page where my data has always displayed it is a blank grey screen. I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting my device. I have called customer support 4 times and they have also tried many solutions. I have always received my readings and need it to show my doctor so we can see if I need ablation or another procedure. I believe it has to do with an error in the coding with this last update, so I think it can only be resolved by the programmers. Anyone have any other ideas? 

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I had specific dates and times of two AFib occurrences and now they are completely missing. When I navigate to the history screen, it comes up blank and then locks up the App. How do I get that information back again? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer

I have found my irregular rhythms page. I had to uninstall the Fitbit app for inspire3 and then reinstall the Fitbit app that did not say inspire 3. Those were the 2 options available in the play store. Fixed the problem. Yeah!!

Best Answer

Hello @CrisVillaFitbit 

Meanwhile, your suggestion to turn off the Irregular rhythm function is not available, just because opening the page results in a white frozen screen. I checked this out. There is no way to access the irregular rhythm option, neither trying to get it from the menu 'Fitbit settings' through the Gmail account. Checked with another Sense and mobile phone Fitbit App, the Activity & Wellness menu with Heart Settings submenu shows 'Irregular Rhythm ' as an option, where you can drill down to the Setup or your suggestion to 'Stop' the Irregular Rhythm functionality. This is what it looks like how it is expected from the user point of view. 

What I did eventually: I just uninstalled the Fitbit App and retried to setup the Irregular Rhythm again and was successfully enabled. Both ECG and Irregular Rhythm are working now.

Regards 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I will try and post it is Product feedback too.
When clicking on the Afib notifications they are no longer being displayed.

Worked in old version of the app, but does not in the new version.

The app goes to the notifications screen, but never loads any data.
The screen stays blank and the app locks up. Sometime multiple clicks on the "back" button work, but more often I have to close the app and re-start it.

Does anyone else have this issue, and if so have you found a workaround? 🙂
Thanks.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer

My Luxe just got the Android app update to 4.04 yesterday. The update killed Irregular Rhythm Notifications. The screen comes up blank and freezes the app. I have to clear all apps or force close the app to get it back where I can reopen it. Has anyone else seen this? 

Best Answer

@PigletPeters Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the Afib notifications on the Fitbit app. I appreciate the explanation. 

I assume you have the 4.04 version of the app. Correct? You can check the app version by tapping on the gear icon on the top right and then tap on "Help and Support. At the top you will see some details, app version included. We shall see if other users experience the same. Please try logging out and logging back into the app and check the Afib notifications again. Thanks in advance

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have just encountered the same problem.  I hope the apparent glitch gets resolved within hours.  I logged in and out of account but no change.... Date list on ECG history still comes up but says only I will be notified when the pdf document is created.  Concerning

Best Answer

Hello there, I'm having issues setting up irregular rhythm notifications in the FitBit app. When I click the set up option in health assessment, the app takes me to a blank page and freezes. The only thing visible is the return sign on top left, and when I click that, there is no response, the app just freezes, and I have to restart the app to use it. I couldn't find anything online about a similar issue I'm having

My watch is  charge 5. I'm from Canada. I have already tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the app, logging out and in.

I appreciate your help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Thank you!

Best Answer

This is also happening to me. Trying to set up AFib detecting and it prompts me to the page, then the screen is blank and there's only a back arrow option, which does not work. The app freezes and I need to shut down the app and open it again to keep using app. Let me know if you've figured out the issue.

Best Answer

I resolved my problem by un installing the app, and then reinstalling the Fitbit app from the play store. My phone had 2 options to install. one said Fitbit inspire 3, and the other just said Fitbit so this time I selected the latter. I did not think it would work but my irregular rhythms data is back. Hope this helps you as well. I have an android phone. Good Luck

Best Answer

I also got this. Click the button to irregular rhythm notifications and I get a grey screen which crashes the app. I have to force close the app. Is there a fix?

----

If I go through the 'view history' in the 'you' section I get the same problem.

Best Answer

Just started having the same issue 3 days ago.  I have the 4.04 version of the app.  Logging in and out did not fiix.

Thanks for your assistance!

Best Answer

Same here. Followed Best Reply suggestions, took assessment (never had to do that before) , lost todays exercise session data (@2 hours).

Pressed HEART RATE, presses IRREGULAR RHYTHM NOTIFICATIONS, and the Fitbit app locks up with a blank screen.

Best Answer

Loaded latest Sense2 firmware. Had to because ECG was locking up Fitbit app. Pressed ECG, phone still locks up. Tried answers and suggestions in other forums. Nada. 

Following the procedures, I took assessment (never had to do that before) , lost todays exercise session data (@2 hours).

Pressed HEART RATE, pressed IRREGULAR RHYTHM NOTIFICATIONS, and the Fitbit app still locks up with a blank screen.

AND in the upper corner of the main screen, there is now a little watch next to the phone. What does this mean?

In the future, don't force us to install untested applications. My Sense2 was working fine until then.

Best Answer