Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afib notifications set up and history greyed out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't setup irregular heartbeat notification on my charge 6. I'm in the U.S. when I hit the setup button it goes to a gray screen and locks up. I have to restart the app to use anything, and every time I try setup it does the same thing. I've shut down app, force stopped it and cleaned cache. Stopped and restarted the Fitbit, and nothing has helped. I'm very frustrated as this was the main reason I bought the device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238

My phone app under Heath assessments shows Irregular rythmis on &checking but when I try to view history the app freezes.The only way I can get the app restarted is by force stopping.Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Scotty38 and welcome to the Community.  You are describing a Fitbit app issue.  Do you use an Android or iPhone?  Your post can get moved to a better fit forum where you might get more help.  Also what app version do you have?  This will help alert the developers if others are having the same issue.  Did you try deleting, then re-installing the app?  That is my first suggestion when an app freezes. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @chrissy1987 and @LCHS.

@chrissy1987 Thanks for keeping me posted, I'm glad you're about to receive a replacement. I see where you're coming from as your Charge 6 should be working well, and appreciate your feedback as it motivates us to continue working on our devices, as well as improving your experience with them.

@LCHS I'm glad you're receiving assistance and please don't hesitate to get back to our Support team if you have more questions about your case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I temporarily fixed this by reverting to Fitbit app version 4.00

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @NotOnline welcome, have you reviewed this article What is the Fitbit ECG app?  . There's a section on how to find the PDF. let us know how you get on by posting here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m using a Samsung phone and I have downloaded the Fitbit Health& Fitness app.

----

I am using a Samsung android phone and I downloaded Fitbit LLC*health& Fitness app a few times over the past 24 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this could be fixed if the programmers could review what they changed regarding AFIB detection.
It appears that the App cannot locate the data and settings files and gets locked into a loop with no error msg.
I can break it out of the loop by repetitively tapping the back arrow very rapidly, rapidly is the key word here.
To do a little troubleshooting, I installed the App on a Samsung tablet that previously never had the app.
It has the same problem.
Where are the AFIB history and settings files located? That could give us a clue as to the problem.
Other people are also reporting the same problem though it is not widespread. Not everyone is affected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for the link. I've unfortunately read it many times. I have a issue with this step.

1. From the You tab in the Fitbit app, find the ECG tile in the Health assessments section. Tap Set up and follow the instructions. After you complete the Heart Rhythm Assessment introduction, you can take an ECG reading.

I can't see anything that mentions ECG at all in the Fitbit app on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @NotOnline I get from "You" Health assessments tile>swipe left to reveal the ECG tile>view history>select & export a PDF for your provider.

Do you see this?

Let me know.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @NotOnline, I'm pleased you sorted it out.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Catman81  I moved your thread to the Android app forum, a better fit for this issue.  This will help bring attention to this issue, especially if others are posting about it. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

ok as I have the same problem for last few days and also on with support.  Went through the whole remove app re install, but that did not fix.  Now the one lady said she loaded the one that didn't say Inspire 3, I guess I could try that as it seemed to work for her.  But I'm waiting for an email from them as follow up.  I'm with you hope it gets fixed and I get my history back.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have exact same issue, Fitbit support tells me they are working on it now, not sure I believe that, especially since now i am seeing all these other exact same problems, bought watch on Amazon, going to send it back in 3 days if not fixed.

Best Answer

Thats great I did the uninstall as they told me but did load the Inspire 3, maybe I will try this...waiting for a follow-up email from them.  Thanks for your info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the update. From the Google app store when just now googled the
different watches and got search results to choose but each when selected
came back to an app called just "Fitbit" and noted I have it installed. I
have seen within my app that you tell it the phone type you so to me the
app is generic. But I can't be sure about that. I will update this post as
the problem gets resolved..... I would hope and expect.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The correct app has the blue triangular Fitbit logo. That is the right one . If your phone only has that option that is good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact issue here. This is the only reason I bought this watch and will not pay for premium starting next month if this is not fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. The App freezes and has to closed.

Best Answer

Same problem...my app freezes every time I request the irregular heartbeat notifications. I also had syncing issues which were finally resolved but I lost ( or more likely combined) one day's data after the latest upgrade.  So disappointed with Fitbit functionality after Google's purchase. I refuse to "upgrade" to a Google device so will be shopping around for a new system.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit Since I had not received any feedback since last Sunday, I just contacted the support team via the app again 15 minutes ago.  The update was actually no update and agent promised to escalate to higher department. I hope the issue can be resolved in 2023.

Best Answer