Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afib notifications set up and history greyed out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't setup irregular heartbeat notification on my charge 6. I'm in the U.S. when I hit the setup button it goes to a gray screen and locks up. I have to restart the app to use anything, and every time I try setup it does the same thing. I've shut down app, force stopped it and cleaned cache. Stopped and restarted the Fitbit, and nothing has helped. I'm very frustrated as this was the main reason I bought the device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238

I received a irregular rhythm notification this morning. When I go to the notifications tab under "you" and click I get only a white screen. When I go to Fitbit online it says I have no notifications. I recently had an ablation because I had an adverse effect from the Pfizer covid vaccine that caused rapid heartbeat and atrial flutter so I am wearing a zip patch but how do I view the notification. For just an instant my screen showed a heart range of 60 to 134 beats but it disappeared like one of those apps that the picture pops up for a second then is gone. 

Thanks 

Also the app is now stuck on the blank white screen and won't click out.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Still stuck on blank screen.

Best Answer

AFib occurrences have now gone missing from my Galaxy Tab S3. They were there for a while after they had gone missing from my Galaxy Note 8. My Fitbit is an original Sense, Firmware Version 44.128.6.17. How do we get AFib back up and running again? And again, how do we recover previous results from AFib occurrences? This should be a top priority!

Best Answer

Hi there, @LCHS.

Thanks for keeping me posted. I understand how frustrating this can be and appreciate your efforts in contacting our Support team. Your case is in good hands and I'll also forward your comments so our team can continue helping you with this matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I occasionally get Irregular Heart Rate notifications from my Sense 2. I got one several days ago, but when I try to view the notification the FitBit app screen locks up. I have to reboot the phone to get the FitBit app to work again. I upgraded my Sense2 to 194.86 but this has not fixed the issue.  Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Hi there, I've not posted on this forum before but I have the same problem with my Inspire3 on my Oppo phone - I need the Irregular Heart notifications and wondered if anyone could tell me how to fix the issue??? I looked on the Android app forum but couldn't see anything. Cheers, I look forward to an early 'solve' of this problem 🙂

Best Answer
I don't think we as users can fix it, but maybe the tech people will id the
problem.
Best Answer

Thank you Catman81 - fingers cross they solve the problem quickly 🙂

Best Answer

Two days ago I was told to wait for and install 4.06 to overcome gray screen lockup on irregular rhythm notifications in 4.04. Your report of no issue resolution with this update 4.06 raises level of concern as my afib issues remain under review. But now with no supporting data. This needs a resolution.  I have a case number and email advising me to await 4.06 but will let them know your findings soonest.

Best Answer

I also have a case number. They replied that they are working on the problem. I wish they had never downgraded everything from the version 3 app. It worked and there was nothing wrong. If it's not broken, don't fix it is a good philosophy to go by.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit I got reply from another CS agent via email and asked me to submit all the evidences, most of which I had already submitted since last Sunday, all over again in order to escalate my case to next higher level department. It's really amazing experience to me! Actually, my reported issue is not a complicated one. There should be somewhere in your system indicated such feature is off in my profile stored in either Fitbit system or Google. Your developer should be able to tell. I really don't mind your support team to connect me with your developer directly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joetrott1  Looks like your error report is exactly the same as I experienced. In addition to this, while the access to the Irregular Rhythm notification page was enabled again, it was for a few days only. I got the blank screen again, each time I want to check the Irregular Rhythm notification (or switch it on / off). The only option after landing in the blank screen is exit the Fitbit App. In my opinion, this looks like a high priority bug because the User / Customer cannot judge if the Irregular Rhythm notification is working and measuring finally. With the Irregular Rhythm notification in status = 'On', does it really does the job? Besides re-installing the App and restarting the watch, I cleared cache, but the blank screen remains when entering the Irregular Rhythm notification view.

Best Answer

Two days ago I was told to wait for and install 4.06 to overcome gray screen lockup on irregular rhythm notifications in 4.04. Folks within the community are now reporting no issue resolution with this update 4.06 raising my level of concern as my afib issues remain under review. But now with no supporting data. This needs a resolution. .... Perhaps can let us in a plan to resolve this?

Best Answer

Same situation for me. Is there an alternative way to get this data?

Best Answer

Thanks for responding. Same thing this morning, I got the notification and when I click on it, white screen. More troublesome is the fact I cannot get the info when I go online either. This was never a problem until Google became part of the equation so naturally I am blaming Google but that's without solid evidence , very frustrating. 

I guess I should mention my unit is not the sense it's the versa 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have turned of auto update in my google plays store as this will allow me to review the feedback on an upgrade before initiating a manual update.  This is particularly helpful as Fitbit only has the the latest update on the store so one is left hanging until some update resolved any particular issue.  Loosing insight into one's irregular rythm issues via Fitbit is a big backward step to me and my healthcare team re afib burden statistics.  Further some have rolled back their version like from 4.04 to 4.00 on their device from third party sites regaining functionality apparently.  Is that the right choice? I don't know and have not yet tried that option.... I have started looking into alternative options like app downgrades or just getting a better device.  Resolution must come in days..... Not weeks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came over this URL in the documentation, but that webpage seems to be down as well:
https://www.fitbit.com/afib-notifications/en/index.html

Best Answer

I used to be able to view the history of the Irregular rhythm notifications on my cell phone.  On my home screen I see there is a notification. When I go  to view the  history, I get a blank screen and I can't get back to the main menu. I have to close everything and start again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the problem persists. 

what can be done?

Best Answer

Hello everyone. I appreciate your input and patience regarding this matter. This situation has been reported. As soon as I receive more information, I will let you all know. There is no other way to get this information. Thanks for your patience!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GrandpaIngie and welcome to the Community.  Do you use an Android or iPhone?  Android users are reporting this problem.  Your post can get merged with the existing thread in the Android app forum.  If you use an iPhone, then your post can get moved to the iOS forum as a new thread.  This will help bring attention to the issue.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone is Android. Go ahead and merge with the previous thread. I could
not find an existing thread with the same problem when I looked at it.
Best Answer
0 Votes