Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afib notifications set up and history greyed out

ANSWERED

I can't setup irregular heartbeat notification on my charge 6. I'm in the U.S. when I hit the setup button it goes to a gray screen and locks up. I have to restart the app to use anything, and every time I try setup it does the same thing. I've shut down app, force stopped it and cleaned cache. Stopped and restarted the Fitbit, and nothing has helped. I'm very frustrated as this was the main reason I bought the device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238

Fitbit sells an option on watch, and it's not working/never worked. Can't finish set up, on Afib option. All they say is it's an app error, unable to fix sorry. Sorry I purchased this garbage watch!! 

Best Answer

Rodrigo - I have tried everything you mention here, except delete the cache.  How do I do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to add the Irregular Rhythm Notifications.  When I go to set it up, I can enter my birthday but I cannot click on the Next button.  It is grayed out.  The main reason I bought this Fitbit was so I can get these notifications.  Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @francomichele, thanks for letting me know about this situation by setting up your Irregular Rhythm Notifications on your Charge 6.

Can you double check you have the latest app update and your phone is updated too, please? Since this may impact the set up of a function in your app settings.

Also, you can try uninstall and reinstall the app before you try to set it up once again, please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @TonyChicago@batts09 and thanks for getting back to us @birdy42@AngieBayLeaf

The team is aware that this has caused some difficulty to complete the action. 

Please click closer to the text (where it says Verify eligibility) in order to get the button to appear.

Thanks for your patience!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Having been given useless directions on why this grey field and Next button when attempting to configure this feature, I finally received this reply from support: "To proceed with your application, please follow these steps: Scroll down to the bottom section of the upper part of the screen, which seems to handle muddle approvals. Remember, the screen is divided into two parts: top and bottom. Once you're in the muddle approval section, please make sure to accept all the requirements. Finally, please navigate through all the pages of the policy, scrolling down until you reach the very last page. Be sure to accept any agreements or terms on each page. By completing these steps, you'll ensure that your application is complete and ready for processing. If you encounter any difficulties during this process, please don't hesitate to reply to this email or contact us at help.fitbit.com. We're happy to assist you further. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We look forward to reviewing your application soon. Sincerely, Ilang and the Fitbit Team" Iasked to be assisted further as follows (I was however told the case eas closed); "Everything you describe is unclear - and muddled - to the point that one is apt to give up, which perhaps is what you want. 1. My screen has three parts, not two. 2. What a "muddle approval" or "muddle approval section" is, I don't think many people know, the expression is to be found nowhere else. 3. What "policy" are you talking about that one is supposed to find after having muddled through all this muddle - Google's privacy policy? Are you saying one is required to "allow ALL" that is mentioned in that policy. Are you kidding? Google themselves point out that one is free to accept only that which one is comfortable with. And this is about quite sensitive issues - one's health data. 4. After having come to the very last page of this obscure "policy" you say "Be sure to accept any agreements or terms on each page". Please explain what you mean by muddle part of the screen, attaching an illustration. Then tell me what types of requirements one is to approve both in the "muddle approval section" and in the "policy". It seems to me you are trying to force customers to approve of more than should be necessary. I have of course read Googles privacy policy. I was expecting to use the strictest settings for this purpose, not allowing lots of "requirements". Nowhere during marketing or purchase of Sense 2 one is told that one has to compromise ones security and privacy. What I can tell you is that it seems somebody has already been able to hack and compromise my google account and it must have been through my Sense 2.
Best Answer

I have the same problem as @francomichele. Running Android 12, Fitbit app 4.12.1.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I can't find the Afib monitoring assessment. I dont't have anything under assessment about Irregular heart rate. I bought the fitbit just for its ability to monitor afib. I need to know that. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Abadany and welcome to the Community.  Where do you live?  This feature isn't available in all countries.  The country list is at the bottom of this page

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you everyone! I live in US and I did find the Afib after I posted the message. It is really helpful. Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also purchased this model because of the AFib feature but can't figure it out. After I enter my DOB, I can't get it to let me move forward. How did you figure it out? I'm also in the USA.

Best Answer
Click on Heart, then click on irregular rythm. Then click in the numbers
and will show you each minute changes. I hope this helps. Let me know if
you haveany questions. See screen shots attached.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not work for me. Next button still greyed out. Fitbit app 4.12.1, Android 12.

Best Answer

It doesn’t work for everyone I’m in the UK. I bought one at Christmas but ended up having to send it back as nothing the technical advisers suggested would work.I was stuck at the same point as you. It was very frustrating. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry but 4.08 has been UPDATED to 4.12 (iOS) and 4.13 (Android) and this still remains to be a problem!!!  It really needs to be truly addressed without the lip service since 12/2023.  Wish I could revert my iOS & Android apps to before Ver. 4.08.

----

@PigletPeters, Fitbit/Google has failed those of us who use Afib notifications functionality.  There’s no workaround and no fixes in any new updates.

Best Answer

I got a new phone and figured out the problem... after you enter your DOB, you need to "slide" the page up - the page is actually split in half, just below the DOB box.  On my new phone, it has a slightly larger screen so I could see the top edge of the letters on the sentence below! Slide up, then you can see the rest (I don't remember what else there was, but another question that had to be answered before the Next button lights up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thank you for your patience and reports. 

I've been informed that the situation with the Irregular heart rate notifications and the ECG should be solved by now. 

Could you please confirm if it's working for you?

Keep in mind to have the latest Fitbit app up to date. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure if it's working or not before you guys took over Fitbit Google
that is it was giving me a regular heartbeats off and on now and then and
then my doctor put me on meds because they did find that I was having an
infraction rate bad but it hasn't given me any since Google took over
Fitbit so I don't know if the apps working or not
Best Answer
0 Votes

YES!! Working on both Android & iOS devices after running the newest
update.

-------------