Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afib notifications set up and history greyed out

ANSWERED

I can't setup irregular heartbeat notification on my charge 6. I'm in the U.S. when I hit the setup button it goes to a gray screen and locks up. I have to restart the app to use anything, and every time I try setup it does the same thing. I've shut down app, force stopped it and cleaned cache. Stopped and restarted the Fitbit, and nothing has helped. I'm very frustrated as this was the main reason I bought the device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238

Hi All,

Have found a workaround by installing on another (old) Android phone. I realise this will not be an option for everyone though. 🙂

This phone is running Android 8.1.0

When installing from the Google Play Store it installed the old Fitbit Version (3.75), which is working OK.
(To be honest prefer this to the new version of the app anyway)

Can Synch using the new app version and use the old one to view the Afib notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently discovered the app is not actually frozen but maybe stuck in a loop. If I tap the back arrow repetitively fast enough then it will back out of the loop. It also gets stuck probably in the same loop if I go into settings for Irregular Rhythm Notifications. Programmers could probably easily fix this by looking for a common connection between viewing settings and viewing notifications for I R N.

The problem is also in the 4.06 update that I got Dec 8.

@Whites4 What do we have in common? Luxe? Were we both late to get the 4.04 update (Dec 7 for me)?

----

As soon as I went from Android Mobile App version 4.03 to version 4.04 and 4.06, the AFIB notifications stopped working to view history or settings. It appears to get locked in a loop on a blank screen.

Best Answer

@PigletPeters Thanks for the alternate solution and your feedback. @Isola_cola @roemd Welcome to the forums. Thanks for your posts about the Afib notifications and the details regarding the app version. 

Would you be so kind to send me a screenshot of the issue? That way I can document this situation properly. I will keep on monitoring the situation. Apparently some customers have received a new app version. So it seems there will be a new update soon. We shall see if the update brings the fix. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Irregular rhythm notification history access stopped working 12/09/2023.
Tapping "View history" shows blue circular arrow for a second or two,
then arrow gone with screen going from white to light grayish and hangs there.
All other functions between the watch and phone (that I use) are working.

logging out of Fitbit app and rebooting phone did not fix it.
Restarting watch did not fit it.
It had been working for about a year.

Any suggestions for fixing this?

My configuration ...

Phone OS: Android 10, API 29, Build QKQ1.200308.002, OpenGL ES 3.0, Java VM 2.1.0,
Architecture armv7I, 32-bit ARM, kernel version 4.9.206-perf+
Fitbit app: Version 4.04 (110006463)
Watch: Versa Lite, Firmware Version 38.72.1.23

Best Answer

Issue file has been opened and I recieved follow email asking for screenshots of locked grey screen where history list should be as is was before the recent days ago update. Reloading app no help. Android 11 is Os on Moto G Power phone.  Hope it's resolved soonest. Will advise...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my new Charge 6 last Tuesday and it was working properly in the first 3 days. In the past 2 days, the captioned issue happened. The assessment tile displayed "This feature has been turned off" and no way to turn it back on. Even worse, after clicking "View History" link, It went to a blank screen and stuck there. I had to press the left arrow sign few times to bring me back to previous screen. 

I had tried to reset the device, reinstalled the app and cleared application cache many times. Problem won't go away. Any advice?

WhatsApp Image off.jpegWhatsApp Image blank.jpeg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

I had the same issues. That not all apps have been updated 

Best Answer

I have had my fitbit for a week, and it has worked well.  However, today when I use the app to see if there are any notifications for irregular heart rhythm, I get the whirling circle, it stops, the screen is blank, I wait for 3 minutes, still blank, the back arrow does nothing, and I have to force stop the app.  I tried a few more times, but same result.  I restarted the watch, no change.  I restarted the tablet (which runs the app), no change.  I cleared the cache, no change.  I have the latest android version.  Any ideas on how to cure this?

Best Answer

Hello @wizard73 and welcome to the Community.  I moved your post to the Android app forum, a better fit for your issue.

I hope a fellow Android user can help you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I traced the problem: the latest Google Play update  is 4.06.7 updated December 4, 2023.  Well, that auto updated for me today 12/10/2023, about an hour before I opened the app.  So everything worked prior to this update, but the first time the updated version was opened, the crashes started.  The only reason I got the watch was for the irregular heartbeat rhythm, and now that is useless from the update.

Best Answer

I haven't been able to see notifications for heart rate variability and when I try to check it it goes to a gray screen and it freezes I have to exit it and then go back and try again something is wrong with the app I have deleted it and restarted it just to keep going through the loop

Best Answer

Welcome to the community, @LCHS@chrissy1987 It's good to see you around.

Thanks for the details, the screenshots and every step that you've tried on your own. I understand how important this feature is for you and I'm sorry for this situation with your new Charge 6. I've been informed that you already have a case created with our Support team. Rest assured your case is in good hands and you'll continue receiving assistance, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi multiple issues and then this morning my charge 6 only 2 weeks old stopped working so have got a replacement coming.
Seems like their are common faults with the new charge6 and I do really like it and fits really well so looking forward to bugs/errors to be resolved soon

Christina
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Follow up call this morning on my case describing a locked grey screen on
irregular rhythm notification after seeing this morning that although the
panel says on and checking there is not date and time for last check giving
me more concern. Representative alerted me that a version 4.06 is being
prepared for releases to override problems within version 4.04.2.11 that I
have after update. He mentioned 48 hours. When look at playstore after
Fitbit search it will highlight update available. I hope this comes soon
and resolved the issues.
Best Answer

I shall wait for few more days to see if the problem can be resolved.

Lee.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and it's one of the most important apps for me.  I pay for premium to have this information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My irregular heart rhythm notifications are no longer working either. And that's the main reason I upgraded to the versa 4! Does anyone have a solution for this? The screen goes gray when I click on irregular heat rhythm notifications, and they were working fine 2 days ago. 

Best Answer

Had same problem.  Others have it too.

It occurred with my Fitbit version 4.04.  I reverted back to 4.00 to restore the functionality.  Also, turned off Google Play Store auto update to

keep 4.04 from being re-installed.  I 'll be watching for a version coming out that fixes it, and then turn auto update back on.

I got 4.00 from a reputable site other than Google Play.        

Best Answer

I have seen other raise this issue and I have followed the advice on those treads but with no luck.

I have an pixel watch 2 LTE with the Fitbit ECG app installed. My phone is a Pixel 8 with the Fitbit app installed, current version as of writing is 4.0.6.

I can perform and ECG on the watch can get a reading and the message to view the result as PDF via the Fitbit App, but I can not find where. I have tried Health, and Heart sections (and all others to be honest) but can not see anything.  Where and how do I see the ECG results?.

I have tried logging out, and clearing cache.

I have removed Fitbit ECG and the Fitbit app and reinstalled.

If click on the heart section I see  Week | Month | 3 Month |Year
under that I see the graph with resting HR, Cardio Fitness and Zones under that.
I then see a section that says Irregular Rhythm Notifications Tap to see your history (there is no history).
I assume this is the section that I should see something similar for the ECG results?

I have no notifications when I click on the chat icon either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've now tried uninstalling both apps, disconnecting my watch, and resting the watch. 

I can still take an ECG reading but not see the results in the Fitbit App

Best Answer
0 Votes