Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afib notifications set up and history greyed out

ANSWERED

I can't setup irregular heartbeat notification on my charge 6. I'm in the U.S. when I hit the setup button it goes to a gray screen and locks up. I have to restart the app to use anything, and every time I try setup it does the same thing. I've shut down app, force stopped it and cleaned cache. Stopped and restarted the Fitbit, and nothing has helped. I'm very frustrated as this was the main reason I bought the device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238
Unfortunately it's not Fitbit, it's Google that destroyed a perfectly good
app. Now I have found out through research that once you switch to Google
you are no longer able to revert back to Fitbit. Essentially, in my opinion
my versa 3 is now rendered useless and I will be seeking for Google to
replace it with another smart watch after I do my research and find
something comparable. If you are reading this and have not yet switched
your Fitbit to Google "DO NOT SWITCH YOUR FITBIT TO THE GOOGLE APP" YOU'LL
BE SORRY...
Best Answer

As an AFib sufferer who uses the app -to see how I am doing, I agree that this needs fixing soon and if not then allow us to move back to versions that DID work., then when fixed we can upgrade again later.

Best Answer

- I went ahead and downloaded anti virus software and scanned before and after any change I made to get things working. 

-I turned of auto update so I can control when Fitbit can be updated and will do so only after a positive feedback that rhythm notifications is working.

- I removed 4.04 version and re booted.

- I installed version 4.00 from third party provider

- As noted I scanned and ran, synced.  History available and episode last night logged.  Ready for burden review with health team Tuesday.

- Hoping the issue is resolved by Fitbit before Christmas Folks are disappointed. I will say that other than this important health metric the product and software works. Fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My irregular rhythms page has disappeared. It was back for a week or so but it is gone again.  Did yours come back? Uninstalled and reinstalled the app 4 times while on the phone with Fitbit. Restarted my tracker, tried the install new device all to no avail. I have an appointment with my cardiologist next month and now have no data to show him. Wondering if Fitbit just wants us to buy a more expensive tracker. I was a participant in the original AFIB study to determine if the tracker could find signs of AFIB. During the study I did not have AFIB however when I started getting notices I went to the Dr. and found I now have AFIB.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I did and posted what I have done in the meantime as I also have a team follow up to pin down meds plan.... The post pasted below...

I have turned of auto update in my google plays store as this will allow me to review the feedback on an upgrade before initiating a manual update.  This is particularly helpful as Fitbit only has the the latest update on the store so one is left hanging until some update resolved any particular issue.  Loosing insight into one's irregular rythm issues via Fitbit is a big backward step to me and my healthcare team re afib burden statistics.  Further some have rolled back their version like from 4.04 to 4.00 on their device from third party sites regaining functionality apparently.  Is that the right choice? I don't know and have not yet tried that option.... I have started looking into alternative options like app downgrades or just getting a better device.  Resolution must come in days..... Not weeks!

____

- I went ahead and downloaded anti virus software and scanned before and
after any change I made to get things working.

-I turned of auto update so I can control when Fitbit can be updated and
will do so only after a positive feedback that rhythm notifications is
working.

- I removed 4.04 version and re booted.

- As noted I scanned and ran, synced. History available and episode last
night logged. Ready for burden review with health team Tuesday.

- Hoping the issue is resolved by Fitbit before Christmas Folks are
disappointed. I will say that other than this important health metric the
product and software works. Fingers crossed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just confirmed that this is a problem VIEWING the Irregular Rhythm Notifications including settings, etc. It is still collecting AFIB data and reports, and FitBit notifies me there are notifications available. What good does it do to notify the user if the user cannot view the results?

Best Answer

Do you think rolling back the app to 4.04 to 4.00 would work? Also how
would you actually do that? Be advised I am 72 and may not be as
technically savy as some. LMK

----

I just replied to a previous post of yours. I did disable automatic
updates, but don't know how to do the other things you listed here. What
are 3rd party providers and how do I scan? Have a cardiologist appointment
next month and can no longer see my data.
I removed 4.04 version and re booted.
- As noted I scanned and ran, synced. History available and episode last
night logged. Ready for burden review with health team Tuesday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have disabled auto update of apps....now..

I went to google app store and searched a free virus software and I went for AVG because I have used it before.  I went go for the free version. I Scanned my device just to see it's virus free then and it was... Then I googled up a provider of older versions of Fitbit App.  I call it third party( party three) because it's not from the Google Play Store (party one)or me (party two).And I  loaded 4.00 as it's pre the data problems started. It downloads into your downloads folder and you then execute ( tap on the downloaded app file)in your download folder. During the install you will need to allow third party apps as requested through the install to complete install.  After install  I scanned my device and it was clean. ... Then I did the install... Synched and all screens and data is now working.  Good luck. I'm 71.   Perhaps a Teck friend could assist ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your update. Glad you got it back. I’m not going backwards. Was on with chat again today, but no resolve. Waiting for new update they said give it another week. We will see. Good luck with your appointment and Merry Christmas.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows
Best Answer

Hi if you still having this issue. try setting it up on different device. i managed to set it up on my brother's phone (S23 ultra running on android 14).

when I click the irregular heartbeat rhythm option on my phone (OnePlus 7 pro running on android 11) still not working even after setting up on different device but I think i can receive the notification via my watches since the features already set up.

Best Answer

I have the same app problem with my sense2 and Samsung galaxy note.

Best Answer

Hello! Welcome to the newcomers. I hope everyone is having a great start of your week. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please note that this has been reported already and Fitbit is already aware of this situation.

People have confirmed the information keeps on being recorded. So as soon as the fix arrives, you will be able to check your past data as well. A new Fitbit app update is coming soon. We shall see if this version will resolve this. I really appreciate your patience. Thanks again!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hello @Ma4bearpig 

Although the Fitbit help pages state that the compatibility requirement for Android phones is OS Android 9, I'm wondering if your issue is due to your phone on Android 11. I'm wondering if your OS version might be a factor since you were able to get the irregular heartbeat notification setup on your brother's phone, which is running Android 14.

Hopefully, your current workaround will work for now until you're ready to upgrade to a phone with Android 14.

In case this is helpful, here's the link to the Fitbit page: How do Fitbit Irregular Rhythm Notifications check for Afib? 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the same problem I am having, but I do not have access to an
Android 14 phone. The Irregular Rhythm notification was working until 2
weeks ago, but when it is now selected, it locks up the Fitbit app. This
feature should work on Android 9 and up as indicated in the documentation.
I have Android 11 and I am sure many others have this same issue.
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue to us, and for every step that you've tried so far. Let me share that our team is aware of this issue and are currently investigating what may be occurring.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused, and I appreciate your feedback. Once we receive more updates, we'll update this thread with new information.

Best Answer

Software issue?  Please can you fix this on the irregular heart notifications?  Nothing is working.

Seems alot of us are having this issue. I have an android phone. 

Having the same issue with  samsung android phone. Fitbit customer  service tried also , no resolution. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue.The main reason to buy a fitbit device was the app of Afib notifications. I hope this problem will get fixed soon.

Best Answer

In the last week this functionality has stopped working crucially at a point I was expecting it may have captured an event. I have already sought online chat support and followed the advice to no success. I'm still experiencing a frozen, blank page which forces me to close all apps . I have tried recommendations from your support staff and numerous deletions and reinstalls in the vain hope the issue will be resolved. Disappointingly, your online support staff could not resolve and prematurely ended the chat citing "other customers to help". Online I find other customers with similar issues. Please advise if/when this will be resolved or unfortunately I will be returning this device - the Irregular Heart Rhythm functionality was the prime reason for buying this product. 

Best Answer

I am extremely disappointed that a new version has not been released, at least to this group to fix such an important feature which requires a Premium membership.  My Dad is 92 and the Afib feature is the main reason for our purchase.  We are close to canceling if a beta fix cannot be provided.  This feature is the most important yet it has been at least 3 weeks and nothing has been done.  

I spent over an hour trying to have a priority 1 ticket opened.  The agent did not even provide me with a ticket number to follow up on.  

I tried to find a decent source to download an older version but was not giving a cc number.  Your Quality Assurance team should have Afib and features on their acceptance testing PRIOR to each versions’ release.  Perhaps if social media was made aware of this on going concern, then action would be taken. 

Best Answer

Hi Recovery Runner. I am still waiting for Fitbit to fix their app. I was able to download AVG and I tried to do a search for the 4.0 version you mentioned but was not able to find it. Do you know which third party provider you found. I am getting irregular rhythms notices almost everyday and can't see the data. Really frustrated now. I have a cardiologist appointment next month and have no data to show him. Please let me know where I can find the third party provider or what key words I can use to search. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas,

Best Answer