Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution: Cannot/ Delay receive notification/call to all Fitbit User

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 2 years from Surge to Ionic now. I feel super disappointed to fitbit apps, still got the notification delay problems!!!!!!

But!!

I am here to answer this question and give you all the solution becuase i already purchase the Fitbit Ionic and test it in detail.

And i find the reason of Delay Notification or phone call and how to solve it.

Your fitbit cannot receive any notification/ phone call when it is in the Sync process.

And everytime if you open the Fitbit Apps. You will see the Sync is processing and take very very very long time.  <----don't know why. Once you open the apps and see it working in the Sync process, you canont receive anything even the test notification.

If you leave the apps, go back to other area, once the fitbit finish the Sync process. Your watch is able to receive the notification / call again.

And this problems mainly happen on Android system. I try to pair with IOS apple system, it work perfectly. But android system got many problems. If you can't receive anything, try to reboot your phone device first then try again. Remember don't go into the fitbit apps when you doing the test notification, because once you enter into the fitbit apps, it will go to the processing of Sync again and you will find your fitbit cannot receive anything again.

And Fitbit team please please please update the firmware that let android user can chose to pick up or end the call when it receive the phone call notification  (its only work on IOS system only now)

Lastly, Fitbit please try your very best to speed up the Sync time of Fitbit item (ionic, surge, blaze and etc...) to our android device. As everyone open the apps to test the notification function but cannot receive anything because the long long long time of the Sync process.

I am using Samusung Note8 Device now with Fitbit Ionic now.

Everyone who got the delay notification problems now, please try the method i mention above and reply here.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there @Horace_Yeung, thank you for sharing this with our Community members. I appreciate your feedback regarding the improvement of the Fitbit app to received notifications and regarding the option to decline or answer calls. Rest assure the Fitbit Ionic has a lot of potential for many other features that in time will be released to all platforms if is possible.

About the delay you suggested, you are correct. There are different factors that can interfere with the notifications, one among those factors is the syncing process. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. For more details regarding these delays review: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone.

See you later and once again thank you for sharing this information.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem exists and has done for a long, long time. The Fitbit app software is the problem as it takes way too long to process a notification from your phone. On the other hand when marking an email read on the Ionic it's instantly marked as read on the phone. Also when opening the email on the phone it's instantly removed from the Ionic. This proves Bluetooth is active and functioning correctly.

Please Fitbit get the software team to look at this ongoing problem of slow notifications to the Ionic.

It's not performing properly and the normal silly advice about resetting,  removing bluetooth, factory restore, and other timewasting suggestions are as useless as telling people to clear the cookies, delete the temp files in windows computers as a fix all for all problems.. I had 25 years in computer servicing so do know how to fault find an issue.

Best Answer

Hi there @Flynnpollock, thank you for visiting this thread and for sharing your feedback. I found very constructive your response in reaction to the issue with the Fitbit is presenting a delay receiving notifications.

Just to provide some new updates there has been release a new version of the Fitbit Ionic firmware. For more information please refer to: Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.20 

Regarding your point of recommending to clear the cache, I agree this will have no effect if is through a computer; speaking about the app and tracker functionality. Within the app, as you know, this data is stored for faster loading times that the app and some services running in the background may use. By removing this data as a workaround, it will force the app to store new cache that will help to improve the functionality of the app be more stable.

Stay awesome and once again I appreciate the great feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I should firstly state that I have the latest firmware and have all the notification replies correctly working for email, whatsapp, sms and calender .

The software issue that I was referring to was the excessive delay in the app (once a notification ocurs) sending the messages to the Ionic.
This can be demonstrated but opening the app, waiting for a syncronisation to finish and then sending a "test call notification". This is not received by the Ionic until 5 to 10 seconds later or more! Certainly way too late to attend to an incoming phone call.

In my previous comment to the forum I was trying to illustrate some of the repetitive "solutions" to this issue are as useless as in past times meaningful people suggesting deleting cookies, defraging the drives,removing the temp files as a "fix all" for Microsoft Windows based computers. I speak as a Engineer who serviced 1000's and built 100's of personal computers over 25 years.

Restarting the Ionic, restoring to factory defaults, restarting bluetooth, restarting mobile phone and more will never fix a fundamental underlying software issue. There is no issue with the Bluetooth communication as I previously stated messages deleted via the Ionic are instantly deleted on the phone and messages opened on the phone instantly are deleted on the Ionic.

What is lacking from Fitbit is some advice as to why and when this delay will be fixed.

Cheers,
Flynn
Best Answer