Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR and Charge HR don't work with Moto G5 Plus phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Loyal Fitbit user for 4 years, first with Flex, Charge HR & Alta HR.  No problems at all with my  iphone 5C.  Decided to upgrade to Alta HR and loved it until I needed to also upgrade my smartphone. Like many of us, I had a hard time justifying the prices for some of the more popular smartphones.  I elected to switch to Android Moto G5 Plus, good reviews, good price, etc.  Unfortunately I did not think to check if it was compatible w/ FitBit and only discovered it wasn't when it would not sync FitBit data, register heart rate, give text message and incoming calls.  Fine print on FitBit box directs you to website to check what devices are compatible, but you only think to do this if you are having a problem and see it mentioned in a forum. Most of the advertisements just say FitBit is iPhone and Android compatible.  Luckily, I had purchased the Alta HR through Amazon and sent the Alta HR back for a full refund. I thought maybe my old Charge HR would work, but, no, that wouldn't sync, display incoming calls, etc. either.  Really disappointed in you, FitBit. I would have continued with you.  I even dumped Lose It app last year when it stopped syncing with FitBit unless I paid for the app.  I don't know why FitBit does not have a working relationship with Motorola, but I hope it is not that you are only targeting people with high end smartphones.  I will continue my fitness adventure and look for other options to track my activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, I had the same issue (Moto G5S Plus). I gave up and took my phone and Fitbit back to the shop and I just had a new but faulty Fitbit (Charge 2 HR) It was replaced and connected straight away and I've had no problems since! Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes