Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not synching to Fitbit app on Samsung Galaxy A8.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I am currently trying to connect my fitbit (Alta HR) to my phone (Samsung Galaxy A8) and it absolutely refuses. There is a ton of history of me trying to solve this issue. 

Firstly, I contacted fitbit live support. After trying all the fixes, with none working, the agent sent me a new Alta HR pebble. I waited a few days, finally got the device, charged it, and went to connect it to my phone, only to have the same issues. So, thinking it might be my phone, I tried to connect it to my husband's phone and account. He also has a Samsung Galaxy A8. It did not work. 

Back to live chat support I went, where the agent and I tried the fixes again, with both phones. Nothing worked. Again, the only solution I was given was another new pebble. Again I waited and again I went through charging and trying to connect it to both phones. Again, it didnt work. Back to the chat, I repeated the replacement process, chat, fixes, and connection issues once more and nothing. At this point I was so frustrated. AGAIN I went to the online support agent I was told that they couldn't figure out a solution and I was left with a measly coupon for a minimal amount off a new fitbit device.

Now here's the weird thing. Why would I want a new device when mine is supposed to work perfectly?

-On the website Samsung Galaxy A8 is listed as a device that is both compatible with the app and the Fitbit Alta HR

-I was told and have many screenshots of agents, twitter support representatives, emails, and facebook messages promising me that it is compatable and SHOULD BE WORKING

-It it clearly not multiple pebble issues, nor an issue with my phone since it is clearly labeled as compatable on your site and app information. 

-My Samsung Galaxy A8 is connected to the device on my phones Bluetooth. It connected to my husband's bluetooth. It's not my phone.

So what is the problem? I want an answer and the truth. Is it the app? Do you not support the Alta hr any longer? Do you not support my phone on the app? I bought my phone and Alta HR together with the understanding that they would work together. I asked an agent BEFORE I bought them. What can I do? How do I fix this? I'm tired of the run around and I'm about to take this to social media, because Fitbit is not helpful, nor giving me a solution or straight answer. I use this device to track my health. It is important to my everyday and I can not afford another model after buying both the Alta Hr and phone together even with a coupon for 25% off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Check this:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Please-arrange-support-for-latest-Samsung-phones/m-p/376...

3.6.1 is now the latest version of the app. It's still buggy and it seems that new updates will be released in the next days.

If nothing of the above works, you could temporarily revert to the earlier version of the Fitbit app 2.95. Google "fitbit 2.95 mirror" without the quotes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been going on for more than a few months, during and after multiple updates. It's not a new issue and it's not fixed with the new update for the app. My husband's Blaze works just fine with his phone and app. It seems to just be the Alta HR

Best Answer
0 Votes