Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Hr and Samsung Galaxy 6 -text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello my fellow Fitbit users.....thank you for taking the time to read my post 🙂 I have a very specific question about receiving text messages on my Alta HR from my Android Galaxy S6. How do I actually see the text on my Fitbit. I have tried all sorts of options on my phone and my Fitbit is set up properly to receive the text notification. It does vibrate but on the screen it just says "Messages" then scrolls across and says "New messages" but doesn't give me any other info. If anyone with a Galaxy S6 could slowly (hahaha) walk me through the steps, I would be forever grateful. I am sorry for taking up your time IT is not my strong suit, just ask my teenagers ;D Hoping your day is a good one,

Andrea

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Andrea10672 Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here. Thanks for posting this.

I'd like you to try the following:

• Force quit the Fitbit app and reopen it up to sync your Fitbit tracker. Notifications should work properly after syncing. If not, do the following:
  • Reset Bluetooth (turn it off, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on). Open the Fitbit app and sync your tracker. If still nothing, try this:
  • Restart your Alta HR. Open the Fitbit app to sync your tracker. If not, try refreshing the notifications:
  1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Turn off all notifications
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  6. Sync your tracker.

If that doesn't do the trick, try setting up the notifications once again:

1. Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
    1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
    2. Find an option to forget the device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

That should certainly help you out with this. Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Best Answer

@Tao75 I hope you're doing well! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your excellent workaround! I'm pretty sure this workaround will help a lot of users who might be experiencing the same kind of problem.

@Andrea10672 Feel free to try that excellent workaround as well to get your notifications to work properly! 

Thanks again for sharing! Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer