Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta hr not syncing with new phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I dropped my phone down the toilet a couple of days ago and have a new one (Huawei) but it doesn't seem to recognise my Alta. The app has synced all my old data but does not sync any new info and can't find the device. I've tried unpairing it but it won't re-pair. Have turned Bluetooth off and on etc etc. Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Very simple. Get a refund from fitbit. Despite their claim on the box that fitbit products are compatible with Bluetooth devices version 4.0 and all recent versions of Android, it actually doesn't work with Android phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think that's correct. My old phone was an android and it worked fine. Any other takers? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is only with 2016 and 2017 phones.

Please read the Huawei P9 compatibility topic. You'll find hundreds of posts from people with all Huawei models saying that no fitbit model work with Huawei. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Huawei-P9-amp-Lite-Compatibility/m-p/1735845#M39742

Also, read the topic about the list of compatible devices: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Compatible-Device-List-Last-Updated-10th-July-17/m-p/221...

You'll see that almost no 2016 and 2017 androids work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought I should let you know: unregistering and re-registering the device, and turning phone off and on again, seemed to fix the issue. My husband did it and he's a fair bit more techy than me so it's possible he worked some sort of trickery but all in all it definitely doesn't seem to be an issue of compatibility. In case anyone else asks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear  @Kjrp, it *is* a compatibility issue. It's clearly documented that fitbit doesn't work with any Huawei phone made after 2016!!!

BTW, I did already try all the tricks you suggested, as they happened to work for some users.

Best Answer
0 Votes