Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta is not calculating sleep correclty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Doesn't calculate sleep right. Id like to edit it,  but can't.  Watch tv, you maybe asleep I guess. Get up for restroom, you may be awake rest of night it says. I'm not. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @nanakate, good to see you around in the Fitbit Community! In this case I would like to know more details in which way your Alta is not calculating your sleep. Is the time inaccurate or is showing sleep time when you are active? Is failing to track your sleep during the night?

If by any chance your tracker is giving you incorrect time of sleep or is not logging your sleep during the night, perhaps a restart will do the trick. For more details this article will help you out: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

You mentioned that you can't edit your sleep logs, but in fact you can edit this information: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap the sleep log that you want to edit.
  3. Tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
  4. Adjust the time you went to sleep or the time you woke up and then tap Save.

Hope this helps and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes