Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta wont turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Samsung galaxy j3 ( which isn' on the capatabutility list) and I just bought a fitbit alta. I've downloaded the fit bit app ,, made an account,  and charged the alta to full but the screen only displays "fitbit.com/setup"  or V.21.24.19   ( what does that mean? ) so I can' pair it to my phone because it won' turn on and give me the code.so what do I do? Do I return it?  Get a new one? What do I do ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @plzhelplol! When the tracker first boots up, it gives you the firmware number (that's what you're seeing) and the web address for the setup instructions. If you start the setup process on the phone, when you actually get to the step where it asks for the code, the tracker should give you the code then. Have you tried that?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @plzhelplol! When the tracker first boots up, it gives you the firmware number (that's what you're seeing) and the web address for the setup instructions. If you start the setup process on the phone, when you actually get to the step where it asks for the code, the tracker should give you the code then. Have you tried that?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
No , I can't get to that part because my phone won't connect with my fitbit ( can't find it ) even of i have my Bluetooth on
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @plzhelplol and @MakMak.

@plzhelplol, Since the J3 is not currently on the supported devices list we cannot guarantee that it will sync or work as intended. In the meantime perhaps you could try to use another mobile device or a computer in order to sync your Fitbit.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes