Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount of burnt calories does not show in exercise overview

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Back in april 2018 I upgraded my Fibit Charge 2 to a Fitbit Versa.

After changing to the Fitbit Versa I noticed that the amount of burned calories in an exercise in the exercise overview changed to "--". See screenshot.

calories.jpg

I tried reinstalling the Fitbit App on my then Samsung Galaxy S8+ with no luck, then reset the phone. No luck. Then contacted Fitbit Support. They asked me to do the whole thing again, which I did, then told me:

"Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
The next app update should solve the issue."

In may 2018 both the Fitbit Android app and the Versa firmware was updated. I was disappointed to see that this did not resolve the issue so I contacted Fitbit support yet again.

Then I was told that I could see an individual exercise calorie burn by clicking on the particular exercise in overview, then tapping the "calories" tab. I already knew that. I wanted the calories to show in overview (thats how I compare exercise quality from exercise to exercise). 

I pressed on the issue again: Calories show up as "--", this was not a problem with the Charge 2. Then I was told:

"Thanks for contacting us again and for letting us know that the issue still persists. As already mentioned we are fully aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and are doing everything possible to fix the issue.
We fully understand how inconvenient the situation it is for you.
We'd kindly ask you for a little bit more patience."

As nothing happended I contacted Fitbit with the issue again in june and july. I never recieved a reply.

Now were at the end of 2018 - 7 months has past since I informed Fitbit about the bug and was told a solution was forthcoming. This should be a simple fix. Nothing has happended. I have since changed smartphone (now using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - but this does not change anything). 

I am writing this post out of frustration. After 7 months of nothing I really do not have high hopes for a fix. Fitbits ignorance of issues such as these  - simple issues - are the reason why I am looking to jump ship to another fitness wearable brand. Still I needed to vent my frustrations with this in here. 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@sortiarius don't get any hopes. This post is from April:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Calories-displayed-as-quot-quot-for-exercises-in-Android-app/m...

April 2017...

When the customer support or anyone associated with Fitbit says that they are working on fixing something then you may safely assume they lie. Clearly, nobody cares about this particular ( and many other ) issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow that's even worse than I had imagination for. April 2017 first affecting Ionic then Versa...

Fitbit officials despite this keep recommending resetting everything even though it's a known bug and thst doesn't help...

A complete disaster and a symbol of a failing company.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just replaced my Charge 2 with the Charge 3 and noticed the same thing.  I too wish the calories burned were still showing rather than the "--" and having to scroll to the Calories tab.  However, oddly enough I did have a walk the other day that the tracker picked up on (not an exercise that I manually programmed and started, i.e. boot camp) and the calories burned was displayed like what I was used to with the Charge 2.  So what gives??? 

So far I really like the Charge 3 but this piece is frustrating and feels like a step backwards rather than an improvement.  Reading other replies appears depending on the device this has been an ongoing issue for way too long.

Best Answer

@Aulani1 it seems to depend on the type of recorded activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner - or perhaps "how" it is recorded. So far all workouts that I
manually start/stop are not showing the calories, but the one "walk" that
the tracker picked up on and recorded it did. Only have had this a couple
weeks so will continue to see if that is the difference.
Best Answer
0 Votes

As of February 9th 2019 and FitBit Android App version 2.87 this issue actually seems to have been resolved for me. 

Firmware 32.33.1.30@ Fitbit Versa @ Samsung Galaxy Note 9

The app now correctly shows calories burned in exercises such as "Workout".

Never thought this day would happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to say that I'm witnessing the same results (being fixed).  However, since January 31st I'm getting the same "--" in calories burned (Spinning & Workout) so far.

Ionic version: 27.331.30

Android fitbit app version: 33.1.30.c 

Samsung Galaxy S9 plus

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far no hardware updates available for the Charge 3. Sounds like some
progress and hopefully Charge 3 is on their radar for a hardware update as
well. Thanks for the heads up.
Best Answer
0 Votes