Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.62 - App logged out (RESOLVED)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/21/17

Thanks everyone for their updates! I'm sorry some of you are still having login issues with the Fitbit for Android app. As always, please confirm you are on the latest version of the app, which is currently app version 2.63. Our team is still looking into this login issue. I don't have any new information to share at the moment, but we are still investigating. Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 11/28/17

This login issue continues with app version 2.62.1. Our team is aware and still investigating the cause. I will provide an update here when I get new information, or if there is a fix released. Thanks everyone for your patience!

Fitbit Update: 11/21/17 

Hi, everyone! I'm aware users on the latest Fitbit for Android app version 2.62 are having trouble logging in. I have escalated this to our team for further investigation. This was previously happening on version 2.59 and looks to be happening again. Thanks for your patience while the team looks into this! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

The problem I had on 6 of September resolved itself after a few days-- but now 2 months later I am having the same exacr problem!!    :

I have a gallaxy S6 

I am sure the email and password are correct. I can not reset my password on PC OR cellphone. 

So the flex 2 is temporarily useless.

Very frustrated after trying everything (including restarting tracker) several times over the last 2 days

In addition, My PC is not loading the dashboard

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello to People here, 

This started when i updated the fitbit app on nokia 8 to version 2.62. Since I use Mobile data (i am unable to use wifi as there is none here) the app refused to sync the data from the alta hr,I have tried all the steps as stated across various articles in the forms here. But it never synced the data. Now I logged off from the app, uninstalled it, restarted the device, installed the app. But a new problem has cropped up wherein it states "invalid email or password". Now I know that my credentials are correct as I was able to login to the website. 

I have come to the conclusion that the app refuses to use mobile data to neither login nor sync the data to the account(since i am using the Mobile hotspot of my phone to just write this). Please fix this app to allow it to use mobile data

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using latest Fitbit version 2.62 and it has logged me out and I can't log in because it says invalid username or password (I can successfully log in on the web using the same username and password). I also can't reset password because it says connection issue. Tracking my sleep is essential to me and my Fitbit Surge is useless at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar problem. After updating to 2.62 on Android, the app logged me out.

Now I can't log back in. I keep getting the username/ password incorrect error. I know they are correct because I am able to log in on the website.

If I try to reset the password on the app I get the error " no network"

Best Answer
0 Votes
>From my experience, sit tight about two days and it all works again. CRAZY!
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have managed to get a Wifi connection, and was able to login and setup the alta hr.I tried to use mobile data to sync the data to my account, but nothing happens, there is a exclamation sign when i do this while using mobile data. While using wifi it syncs perfectly. 

So ultimately the latest app update now refuses to use mobile data to sync

Using Nokia 8 On Android 7.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on 2.62 on a Nexus 5X with OS 8.0.0. I sync fine on both WiFi and data. Before the last update I started having 'device not found' errors. One fix was to disable Bluetooth on the phone, rest the Blaze, and then re-enable Bluetooth. That issue hasn't reoccurred since this last update.

A few versions back I had the logout issue. I think they had me delete the data, remove and reinstall the app. I have been instructed to do that for a couple of different issues.

If that doesn't work, I suggest contacting support. They helped with this a several other issues recently.

I hope this helps and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently got tired of fighting with my Fitbit trackers and the mobile app, so I removed my trackers from my account and removed the app from my phone. It looks like I did it just in time lol.

I'm going to take a break from my Fitbits and pick up a vivoactive hr on black Friday. I'm updating my phone's OS which should improve my Bluetooth, so I might give the Fitbit app and trackers another try next year..... hopefully they'll actually figure out how to start improving things again instead of making them worse, which is what's been happening since they changed from the old app dashboard about a year ago.

Fitbit if it ain't broke don't fix it!! 

People appreciate a stable working app way more than you constantly fiddling with it and keeping it broken most of the time 😉

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me.

I haven't been able to login or sync since yesterday morning.

FB/Google login works on the desktop website, but email/password doesn't (in app or desktop). Password reset doesn't work either. Why can't we use FB/Google login in the app anymore? 

- Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S7.

- Fitbit app is latest version (updated 21 Nov).

Best Answer

@vishesh Thanks for providing more information! Can you please provide a screenshot of what you see in the Fitbit app when you try syncing with your mobile data? This would be super helpful. 

Just to confirm with everyone else, I wanted to make sure you have all tried uninstalling the Fitbit app from your devices, then reinstalling. In addition, our help article provides the following instructions:

If you can't log into the Fitbit app, it’s usually because you set the time manually on your Android device. You can correct this issue by going to Settings > Date and Time and turning on the "Automatic date and time" option. Some Android tablets don’t have the "Automatic date and time" option, so you’ll need to manually set the tablet to the correct time. The time must be within one to two minutes of the correct time to log into the Fitbit app.

Please let me know if any of this helps or if the login issue persists. I appreciate everyone's help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

M having the same issue ...i can't login ...it shows incorrect password or email and when I try to change my password it shows no network connection ...n yes my date n time are set to automatic please help it's been more than a week

@AlessFitbit wrote:

@vishesh Thanks for providing more information! Can you please provide a screenshot of what you see in the Fitbit app when you try syncing with your mobile data? This would be super helpful. 

Just to confirm with everyone else, I wanted to make sure you have all tried uninstalling the Fitbit app from your devices, then reinstalling. In addition, our help article provides the following instructions:

If you can't log into the Fitbit app, it’s usually because you set the time manually on your Android device. You can correct this issue by going to Settings > Date and Time and turning on the "Automatic date and time" option. Some Android tablets don’t have the "Automatic date and time" option, so you’ll need to manually set the tablet to the correct time. The time must be within one to two minutes of the correct time to log into the Fitbit app.

Please let me know if any of this helps or if the login issue persists. I appreciate everyone's help! 

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20171123-185153.png

So the problem of sync still persists. I actually got another update to app which turned version number to 2.62.1 . So I decided to check it. Did it fix things for me, looks like it did not. Here is a screenshot as requested

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the Fitbit Android app v2.62.1, and then restarted the phone. When I opened the app after the phone restarted, it immediately began a sync of my Ionic, and completed the sync within a couple minutes. This is the fastest my tracker has synced for quite a while.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry  Still struggles here. My phone hadn't synced for 3 hours.  So I opened the App and the wheelie syncing was still going 3 minutes later.. I checked the Dashboard on the PC and the HR Activity I had created during that time synced..  Nothing else.

Restarted the Ionic and it synced within a minute.. When that finished I swiped another sync 2 minutes later..  Successful.

So App V2.62.1 hasn't changed for me..  But I can sync...with intervention.....

@USAF-Larry wrote:

I installed the Fitbit Android app v2.62.1, and then restarted the phone. When I opened the app after the phone restarted, it immediately began a sync of my Ionic, and completed the sync within a couple minutes. This is the fastest my tracker has synced for quite a while.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

having similar issue, haven't been able to sync for a week then it logged out automatically and now it wont let me log back it, always says (down for maintenance) This is on my Sony Xperia Z2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've given up on the mobile app..... it's been getting worse and worse ever since they changed over to the new dashboard layout. My surge finally stopped syncing at all with it.

I just sync with the windows 10 app every day or 2...... seems to be working fine so far. Sure I'd rather be able to sync with my phone, it would be WAY more convenient, but that's just not possible now 😞

I like Fitbits trackers, even if the quality is sometimes questionable, and I really like their app, and their customer support is some of the best I've ever dealt with...... I'm going to stick with them until I wear my collection of trackers out, or I can no longer sync them at all.

I may complain about Fitbit, but I'm still here because I like them, and haven't given up yet. I'm hoping they can stick around awhile longer 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, everyone! There is a new app version - Fitbit for Android app version 2.62.1. Please download the app to the latest version and let me know if you are still getting logged out and having trouble logging back in. 

For those of you mentioning syncing issues, please check out my post here. Those tips apply for any tracker. Please let me know if you all have any questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vishesh wrote:

Hello to People here, 

This started when i updated the fitbit app on nokia 8 to version 2.62. Since I use Mobile data (i am unable to use wifi as there is none here) the app refused to sync the data from the alta hr,I have tried all the steps as stated across various articles in the forms here. But it never synced the data. Now I logged off from the app, uninstalled it, restarted the device, installed the app. But a new problem has cropped up wherein it states "invalid email or password". Now I know that my credentials are correct as I was able to login to the website. 

I have come to the conclusion that the app refuses to use mobile data to neither login nor sync the data to the account(since i am using the Mobile hotspot of my phone to just write this). Please fix this app to allow it to use mobile data

I think you might be on to something with the mobile data.  Today the app suddenly logged me out and wouldn't let me log back in, claiming invalid credentials.  I updated the app and still no joy.

After reading your post I turned on my wireless instead of using mobile data and I was able to log in and sync successfully.

I'm running Android on a Motorola Droid Turbo on Verizon with a Charge 2 tracker.

Best Answer

The Android Fitbit App is not accepting my log-in credentials even though I'm sure they are are. What is happening and when will it be fixed? Thanks much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This login issue continues with app version 2.62.1. Our team is aware and still investigating the cause. I will provide an update here when I get new information, or if there is a fix released. Thanks everyone for your patience!

Best Answer
0 Votes