Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 3.6 Fitbit app crashes when pulling up Hours with 250+ steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've tried clearing data and cache, force stopping the app and restarting my Pixel 2.  Every time I click to bring up the Hours with 250+ steps chart the app crashes.  "Fitbit keeps stopping" 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi, @LisaBirdCary! Haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I just uninstalled, re-started my Pixel2, reinstalled and I get the same crash. 😞

Best Answer

It just started happening to me as well.

This is getting ridiculous. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue (as well as others). Done with FitBit. Looking to upgrade my device and app with something that works.

Best Answer

@ShanR 

I ended up uninstalling  and reinstalling the app.   Then clear the cache and force stop the app.  It seems to be working ok but we'll se

Best Answer

Same problem here.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem. The Fitbit app version 3.6 for Android crashes when pulling up Hours with 250+ steps. I am using a Motorola Moto X4 running Android version 9 connected to my Charge 3. My Fitbit app updated last night and I'm seeing the problem today. There must have been a bug in the update. Please fix it.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit 

@AlessFitbit 

It seems like Android Version 3.6 which was just released yesterday has a bug pulling up Hours with 250+ steps. When you go to open that tile, you get an error message that the Fitbit app has stopped working and it crashes.  Also the main goal pulsates....nothing like that awful and annoying blinking of all goals in version 3.5 but it still does it especially when the app refreshes.

This needs to be looked into and fixed ASAP since this renders the app completely useless once again.

Are these updates being tested out to ensure that they actually work or are they being pushed out just to be pushed out?

These issues have been going on for far too long now and it's becoming old very quickly....as much as I like my Versa, I have started to look at other options.  This app is too buggy and I don't think Fitbit as a company really cares if they loose some customers along the way.

Best Answer

Same here.

App version 3.6 (20243431)

OS Android 9, patch level 2019 Jul 1, kernel 4.14.83, build PKQ1.181203.001

Phone is LG G8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue except Galaxy 8 Note phone.  Updated overnight and first thing in the morning had issues.  I've seen a similar thread for phones on the iOS platform.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The last firmware totally killed my Versa. No Bluetooth connection at all. Windows, Android, all dead

I am done. I asked Amazon for a refund

My feeling : in a few weeks, Fitbit Corporation will disappear

Best Answer

It's been happening to me for several days. First the text message issue, then no longer having weekly average hours of sleep and now I can't check my hours with 250 steps. Looking into the Samsung tracker. Does the same thing at a better price. Tired of all the fitbit issues and customer NO service. 

Philippians 4:13 Cancer Survivor Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans
Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded a Fitbit App update this morning and installed and it looks fixed.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I noticed an update on Saturday and the crash is fixed
Philippians 4:13 Cancer Survivor Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans
Best Answer
0 Votes

The error has cleared up for me too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue has been fixed for me, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes