Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 3.64.5 crashes and 3.65 is not available

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Android version 3.64.5 keeps crashing. A box with the following message appears every few seconds and then disappears (even when I am not looking at the app):

Fitbit has stopped

x Close app

! Send feedback

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling – no good.  Only way out is to Force Stop and stop using the app or remove the app.

i can’t upgrade to 3.65 (even it does solve the problem) as it now requires android 10+.  (I have android 8.0.0)

Are they asking me to bin my Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @sbuser - if you go to the play store they say it is available for Android 8.

Try the following.

• Logout of the App
  • clear the storage cache
  • force stop it
  • if it is still an active window swipe off
  • restart the phone
  • restart the watch
  • login to the app if you can

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guy

Thanks very much for your input.  I have done all you suggest, but can't do the last step.  The app won't now let me log in at all, as it will not evn open and the "stopped" message box is instead displayed as soon as I tap on the app icon.

I have re-checked playstore on my phone and it seems the latest version available (for android 😎 is dated July 22, 2022 - i.e. version 3.64.5, which is the version I already have.

A post from moderator LizzyFitbit said that the August 10 version 3.65 (which I had hoped might have solved the problem) requires android 10+, which I do not have and can't get.

So I am still completely stuck - and no thanks to Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sbuser- curious it won't open, have you tried over wifi without mobile data and mobile data without wifi?  And also both with Bluetooth turned off.

Can you chat with Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I have now got it working by deleting and reinstalling the app for the second time.  I think it was the combination of this and the cache clearance that you recommended, so thank you.

So I am just left with the following questions for Fitbit:

(a) Why is v.3.65 not available for android 8?  Will we still get updates for phones with operating systems earlier than android 10?

(b) Why are the new graphs on v.3.64 so bad?  They were much better on v.3.63.

Maybe these are subjects for other threads.

Thanks.

Best Answer