Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.4 Required for Future Updates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.52, Android users will need to be on Android 4.4+ to update to the latest version of the Fitbit app. Users on 4.3 and below will still be able to access the Fitbit app up to version 2.51. 

For more details on app releases, check out the Android release thread.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@AlessFitbit Thanks for the pre warning for older users of the Android. I presume your post is about future planned releases of the App because V2.50 is the latest in the release notes.

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 06/7/17: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.52, Android users will need to be on Android 4.4+ to update to the latest version of the Fitbit app. Users on 4.3 and below will still be able to access the Fitbit app up to version 2.51. 

For more details on app releases, check out the Android release thread.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sticking with 2.37 myself.  It simply works.

Best Answer

Has this change locked out android "O", version 8.0 beta? I can't log in since updating the Fitbit app, giving an unavailable message...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this why your forced update won't allow my fitbit to sync anymore? Really?!

So now my fitbit is useless. Worst customer communication and service ever!

So, basically, if I want to continue to use my fitbit - I have to upgrade to a newer phone. I am sure I am not the only customer upset by this. So frustrating!!!

Moderator edit: Format and content.

Best Answer

I've been trying to figure this out for almost a day now. So frustrating! The auto update and lack of communication to such a large customer base is pretty sad. I'm almost ready to go back to the competition.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem way to go fitbit now I can't use the sleep or even the alarms on my fitbit.

Best Answer

My fitbit has not synced since Sunday morning...if I'm reading this correctly it is an app error??? Not looking for a new phone and would not have replaced/upgraded my fitbiy after 

Best Answer

Thanks for the information too bad I didn't see it before updating. It gave me error messages for 2 days. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my android and so far it is working and i didn't lose any information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AlessFitbit, 

If i am understanding this correctly...because my android phone is 4.1.2, my new Charge 2 is useless?  are there any work arounds?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@krouth Hey, there! This means your phone will not allow you to update to a more recent app version. With your current operating system, you'll only be able to get to the Fitbit app for Android version 2.51. Let me know if you still have questions! I'll be around and am happy to help. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response AlessFitbit. I am not sure how to get tot the
Android version of 2.51. Please advise! Once there will I be able to use
the phone to track my progress?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, all!

I have an update regarding the minimum Android OS, the Fitbit app can support. Please check out my post here: Android 5.0 Required for Future Updates.

Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.76, Android users will need to be on Android 5.0+ to update to the latest version of the Fitbit app. Users on 4.4 and below will still be able to access the Fitbit app up to version 2.75. 

If you have any questions, please post in that thread. I'm going to close this thread from further comments. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes